Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.

Music

13 days ago
What about music with the stories? Like think about it, have you ever read a book and could almost hear music in the back of your head? Well you could make it a reality by imputing page audio as an option. The author can import an MP3 file and it'll play on that specific page or a group of pages, and that'll keep you even more immersed into whatever world they're in. Like if they're in a tavern, it could play just like tavern ambience. Just a cool little optional thing to make the stories just a little better.

Music

12 days ago
this thread needs more waha

Music

11 days ago
I'm sorry but I can't sleep, you've been keeping me up at night. I have to ask, what is waha and why does the thread need more of it.

Music

12 days ago

There's an Evangelion game on here where part way through the story you get an MP3 player and upon selecting it it gives you links to yt vids that are songs from the show (alongside one extra song for the lols) (There is also one section where it flat out just suggests a song also). I can attest from that experience alone that this would be a cool idea...but its not the end of the world if it doesn't get implemented...as there are work arounds...

Also I'd imagine that be quite a headache to program for a feature that would only really cater to a niche audience. I'd imagine most normal people would either read in quiet or put a song of their own choice instead.

But yeah...you can work around it currently by just putting super small text at the top of the page that links to the song you want. Though I suppose the issue would be getting the song to stop...again...workarounds...you can just mention when its time to go back to silence in a later page...

Music

10 days ago
Html exists.

Music

10 days ago
Already tried that, I don't think it works. But if you know something I don't, please enlighten me.

Music

10 days ago
See if this works. I'm pretty sure BZ did something similar for his unfinished(rip) dracula story.

Music

8 days ago
I got the thing to pop up, but the file isn't working. Do I have to do anything special to it?

Music

8 days ago
What do you have written exactly? I’m guessing maybe the way you linked to the audio file is at fault here.

Music

8 days ago
Maybe. I’m just gonna search youtube till I figure it out. Thanks for trying though.

Music

8 days ago
Where is the file hosted?

(If you say it's on your computer, I will choke you.)

Music

8 days ago
Y’know, I might need a new brain. I think this one’s fucking broken. (Yes it’s on my computer and for a reason I will not name I would not advise choking me.)

Music

8 days ago
I would suggest just googling something like 'how to embed an audio file with html'. You know it works because websites that play music have been around since the 90s.

It's never going to be a default part of the editor though because the server is never going to host files for every rando with a throwaway account. Music would need to be linked from elsewhere just like large images.