WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Message

Talk about it. Ask for help on it. Compliment it.

Chapters and Links

6 years ago

So,

In my first storygame, the player has several shops to buy from throughout the game.

I want them to have access to them at all times, but when I made the third chapter, I saw that I would have to make the shop pages ALL OVER AGAIN! #Urrggghhh

Will I have to make the items in the shops twice, one for each chapter, or can I just copy an entire page from the second chapter to the third chapter? 

Chapters and Links

6 years ago
Well if you want them to have access at all itmes, why not just make items or something like "Food Store" or something like that.

Chapters and Links

6 years ago

You could set it so an option will be recorded and removed after you click it. I think the best person to ask about that would be Berka right now.

Chapters and Links

6 years ago

Do you know how to do that?

Chapters and Links

6 years ago
Set a link restriction and if you have the item the link is not clickable but if you don't have it then it is clickable I think

Chapters and Links

6 years ago

You should be able to use scripting to have them able to access the pages. Scripting ignores page chapters.

You'd have to explain a little better how it's done now for me to know for sure though.

Chapters and Links

6 years ago

Killa is right, you can create just 1 shop page and direct links to it in each chapter (across chapters) - then have a link script to send them back to the Chapter they came in from after they are done shopping or whatever.