WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Message

Talk about it. Ask for help on it. Compliment it.

Can't grab items if I post a link on the page

22 days ago

I put some items on a particular page, and as long as I have no link for you to leave the page, you are able to add the items to your inventory. But if I put a link, including even "previous page," when you click on the items it just resets the page.

One of the items sends you to a new chapter, but other than that I don't have any thing connected to the items except an image and where they are found. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or some sort of work around?

I guess I could make an item called "return to previous page," but that would be kind of tacky. Any suggestions?

22 days ago

When it resets the page, does the item you clicked appear in your inventory? I'm quite sure it's supposed to do that.

22 days ago
No it does not, not if I have a link at the bottom. I will try saving and restarting.

Restarted the game: Nope. It only works if there is no link at the bottom of the page.

22 days ago

Wait, I think I resolved the problem. I think it might have to do with me sending the player back to the same page, or go back.

When I send the player back to page right before the page where you click the link to get the items, it works.