Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Tracking

6 years ago

Is there any way/code I can insert to track where people are going in my game and, more importantly, figure out where they decided to stop playing?

I will take no for an answer.

Tracking

6 years ago

My short answer would be: No.

My long answer would be: Pretty sure that if you know what you are doing, you CAN code it, but I'm not sure if the site would let your code run, or if you could put it in the right place, as:
1. You don't own the server/site.
2. Collecting data like that could be viewed as a breach of privacy for the readers and security for the site (ie. letting ppl run their own code that is tied with what users to this extent). Pretty sure that is why profiles lost the ability to be heavily edited w/ html.

Then again, I don't know anywhere near enough about Java and the Site's editor's interaction with it.
I am, however, curious to know if my answer is close enough to the correct one, even if I got some of the jargon wrong.

Tracking

6 years ago
It would theoretically be possible to tag major branches by adjusting the Score variable, up to a point anyway, but you'd need them to leave a comment for that to show up.

The easy way is probably just slapping down easily accessible End Game links all over the place and asking them to leave a comment describing when and why they bailed.

Tracking

6 years ago

Through Time is a good example of the first method, but as you say, it requires people to leave a comment.

Tracking

6 years ago

Thanks for the responsiveness and suggestions!

Will check out Through Time and cogitate.

Tracking

6 years ago

Through Time is pretty amazing. 

Tracking

6 years ago

Through Time left me with feelz.