Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Uploading pictures onsite on a script filled page?

5 years ago
Okay, I had an issue with my image hosting site, and I had to manually change every image url. I'm afraid that will happen again, so I'm thinking about uploading pictures from the onsite ones I have. But how can you do this without screwing with script? For example, I have the following script on a page:

How can I replace the highlighted url with a picture uploaded from this site without messing with all that scripting? Is it not possible? I went and turned on Rich Text Editor to find the upload pic button, but it just randomly posted my picture to the side. I don't really know how to use that text editor since I was advised pretty early that it was a great way to lose all your hard work through random erasing of data.

If this can't work I won't cry too many tears, but if there is an easy way I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks!

5 years ago

Just go to My Stuff > Pictures and right click the image/do the equivalent of "copy link location". Also, the tag should be "img", not "image".

5 years ago
Is that "img" instead of "image" just in the special case of using pictures uploaded on the site? Because as it is written above it works fine.

5 years ago

Well, img is the HTML standard, so I'd suggest you use that everywhere. I don't know anything about support for using image instead.

5 years ago
Yeah you're right. I just got that from here: Uploading Pictures

I've spent a shitload of time reading those help articles, but it seems I'm the one posting the most threads here so clearly I suck lol.

5 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/resources/images/user/47321

Replace the end number with the number of your image. You can find said number by hovering over the image at http://chooseyourstory.com/My/Pictures/Default.aspx

It should give you the location of said image. If your browser doesn't show anything, clicking on the image tells you the number as well (just tell it no you don't want to download it).

5 years ago
Thanks you two. This should help a lot.

5 years ago
Conclusion: This works perfectly, and as long as you don't shrink the original image too much when getting it under the minimum size, it doesn't even blur when you resize it with on page script, at least not to where I can tell. There is a little blur if you make them super large, but it's not horrible.