Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

ignore

5 years ago
for json notification stuff @BradinDvorak

ignore

5 years ago

thx

ignore

5 years ago
your avatar creeps me out a little

ignore

5 years ago

It's a WikiHow illustration with a scalie slapped on it so really that's to be expected.

Snore

5 years ago
Seriously?

Snore

5 years ago
Sorry, lemme put some content in the thread that was meant to be ignored in the dead forum for techy stuff. I want to have another profile button similar to the one about thread notifications where we can turn off getting tag notifications or some way to have specific flags and switches to manage notifications. Since we know /alerts stores message notifications under the "newmessage" key there may be a key for tag notifications as well. However it is likely everything else is under "notification" purely. It may be the case that filtering by alert text is necessary but in order to confirm, lemme tag BD so he can get the JSON data and develop a mechanic for the desired function. @BradinDvorak

Snore

5 years ago
Sounds legit, thanks~

Snore

5 years ago
I'm still bored.

Snore

5 years ago
I'm hoping we can get access to the code here, perhaps one day soon, as something like this MIGHT be much simpler to put in the original code, rather than the plug-in, but without the code, of course, I'm not sure.

That said, if and when we do get code access, we might have to find a way to run changes by you two to make sure that we don't make changes to the code that break the plug-in!

Snore

5 years ago
The hope is that the extension becomes obsolete. We can work around pretty much any change but a 24hr notice is preferred sometime between Sunday and Thursday because BD usually pushes an update to the git on Fridays/Saturdays (like he did yesterday) and I update it on the chrome webstore on Mondays. The most useful things to be notified of are deleting element IDs/classes, making new site elements, and changing the loading order of forms/fields. Anything that adds organization to the front end would be a godsend and heavily encouraged to the point of nearly begging. Leora has been around for less than a year and always says nothing ever happens on the forums. As of the past year, I have to agree. Link some golden threads and webarchives of supremely funny or eventful threads worth revisiting.

To hyperlink: <a href="http://website.com/">Link text</a>