Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

Hi I am having trouble with putting photos on my pages. I can put it in, but when I leave it is gone when I return. Is there something that needs to be done?

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

Are you using the rich text editor or the basic text editor? Which browser are you using? Have you checked to see if the picture remains there when you playtest the story?

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

Well I am in the advanced story game so I can't test it and I am using Google Chrome right now.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

There is a bug that erases HTML code from your pages if you edit them. To overcome it, you must either turn off Rich Text Editor in your Profile - or make sure to put all HTML in the Source side of the editor AND Save from that window AND not ever edit the page again...

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

What I usually do (because I'm weird like this) is make sure the page is totally ready, fully proof read, everything--so I have NO reason to return. Then, I put in the picture and save. If you edit it, you will have to put the picture back in. Same thing with my profile.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

Yeah, what Kiel said. I have the same problem, and I find it super annoying. However, (because I have mega loads of patience and I'm just super strange in this way) I usually put the picture in first, do the page, and each time I come back to it, I just put the picture in again. I don't know why I do this.... maybe to check to make sure the picture looks good or something strange like that? No idea. I'm hoping that somehow, some way, someone will fix this or find a way around it. My advice? Take Kiel's advice.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

Lol, maybe that's why I do it, too? I am kind of a perfectionist (or just OCD) when it comes to the appearance of pages.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

OMG same! *applause* I am not the only weirdo! (although this seems to be a site that weird people flock to. Or is that just the way I see it? *shrugs*)

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

No, you're correct. I'm pretty strange. A lot of us are.

Pictures Won't Work

8 years ago

.....I second that.