Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 2/11/2017: Should be fixed.

Sidebar CSS is inconsistent

8 years ago

Minor CSS alignment things I figured I might as well point out.

1. On profile pages, the "Storygames" header is longer than the "Recent Posts"/"Articles Written" headers. I see that this is because of the "div#profile_Stories h1" selector, which sets the width of that header only to 100%. That can be removed to make the headers the same length.

2. The sidebar, when on the forums, messages, or notepad, has a shorter line height than it does on other pages. This is because it inherits an altered line height from the body, and can be fixed by adding "line-height: initial;" to the "#BodyContainer .sidebar-content" selector.

CSS/PHP Nitpicking

8 years ago
1st nitpick bothers me as well. I never would've noticed your second nitpick.

1 year edit:: this is likely caused by alexp's use of /t/t/t/t/t/r/r/r/r/r/r/r/r//n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/r/r/r/r/r/r//tt/t/t/t/t/t/t/t that he uses to center and align text instead of using the much easier and cleaner css or html align tags/attributes. It's on duel stats too. It sucks. I cannot fathom why such a thing is necessary.

Sidebar CSS and Breadcrumbs are inconsistent

7 years ago

Doubt anyone's watching, so...

3. The profile sidebar has a top margin of 10px, so it ends up ten pixels out of line with the avatar. There's not really an inconsistency here, though. Might be intended, actually. Dunno.

4. Navigational breadcrumbs have a few oddities. In the forums, they're all styled the same (Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Message). Elsewhere (especially My Stuff), they generally follow a different theme (My Stuff > Storygames) with a smaller font, except for the Messages page, which follows the Forums theme, and the Notepad and Commendation pages, which don't have breadcrumbs at all.

7 years ago

We're always watching, Brad.

7 years ago

As far as #4 goes, that would be somewhat annoying to fix. In both cases it was probably because Alex (notepad) and I (commendations) are somewhat lazy. Can only confirm case 2 though.

7 years ago

I will look into fixing some CSS. Want you guys to know that it's not as simple as simply removing/adding classes/style tags in a lot of instances, because this is a legacy ASP/ASPX site and a lot of the CSS/HTML is abstracted or generated. Still definitely doable but it's not as simple as you might imagine.

Edit: But, I have to say, Bradin definitely knows his CSS!

7 years ago

@BradinDvorak

If you're willing to provide this level of detail, I'm willing to prioritize fixing any other CSS issues you find. Also, if you'd like to talk about graphic design in general, we may want to give the site a bit of a facelift. I have some ideas in this respect but would welcome your input.

7 years ago
I'm just hoping the facelift doesn't kill CYS's status as one of the only sites I can even get to load when I'm out of high speed data.

7 years ago

^Same. It's why I bother going online often.

7 years ago
Oh man, where was that... I can't seem to find it now. Somewhere, in a dark, secret corner, there was an option to change the design and layout for the entire site... that wasn't quite finished. I know it's there somewhere!

7 years ago

Not a big fan of dark backgrounds on websites.

7 years ago
profile options for a dark theme

7 years ago
You mean this?

7 years ago
Yes, that is what I was looking for, thank you. Not to use as an example, just to point out that some work might have been done in this direction and 3J might want to check that out to see if it would help with potentially reskinning of the site.

7 years ago

I am definitely aware of this haha, it's present in the codebase for sure.

7 years ago

Ooh, okay. I'll keep an eye out.