Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/15/2021:

Sidebar links disappear after opening second tab

7 years ago

Hello. When I open a new (additional) tab on CYOS.com the left menu (home, storygames, forums etc.) disappears. 
For example. I open My stuff and than open the forums in a new tab. On both pages the left menu disappears. I`m using chrome.

The menu disappears

7 years ago
I've never seen that. Are you using a mobile device? What are the addresses in the address bar for the pages where the left menu disappears?

The menu disappears

7 years ago

No. I`m using a laptop. The addresses are alright.

Here is a link to some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/3uQcR
And this is the address of the page: http://chooseyourstory.com/Stories/

The menu disappears

7 years ago

Ah, I think I've seen this before.

I believe the menu drops to the bottom of the screen, and is displayed plainly as simple blue links. Correct?

The menu disappears

7 years ago

Now that you mention it, yes, the menu is just where you said.

The menu disappears

7 years ago

I've had the same thing happen to me when I didn't have enough storage space on my computer. 

The menu disappears

7 years ago

Hmm. What exactly are you talking about? General storage space or RAM?

The menu disappears

7 years ago

Probably general storage space. 

The menu disappears

7 years ago

The general storage place isn`t used that much. 20% is used, and 80% is free. So I don`t think that is the problem. Maybe it has something to do with RAM. I don`t know...

The menu disappears

7 years ago
That sounds like a situation where the page hasn't loaded completely or the style sheet hasn't loaded all the way. Is it consistent, does it happen every single time without exception? Does it fix itself if you reload the page?

The menu disappears

7 years ago

On my laptop - yes, it happens every time i open CYOA in multiple tabs. I`ve checked on another laptop, and CYOA works perfectly fine.

If i reload one of the pages it fixes itself on the reloaded page, but if i click on another tab, and then return back to the "fixed" tab, it is "broken" again.

The menu disappears

7 years ago
Interesting... well, the simply solution is to not open CYOA in multiple tabs... Based on what you've said, I'm not sure why it would behave that way. I'm going to guess it is something that Chrome is doing and how Chrome is interpreting some of the instructions on where to place the menu. I find it quite odd that it moves after it has loaded correctly when you switch to another tab. I do use multiple tabs often with CYOA, but I almost always use FireFox and it has never done that for me. I'm sorry I can't help more, but it sounds like that's a "feature" of Chrome. I'll look around and see if there's a Chrome setting that might do that, but I can't imagine why there would be one.

The menu disappears

7 years ago

The simple way is not for me, a like to work with several tabs at once =) I`ll better switch to FireFox then. Thank you for your help.