Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 12/18/2016: It's happened for a while. Server is just recalculating ratings when this happens.

Ratings disappear

7 years ago

Sometimes the ratings for the storygames disappear and are replaced by question marks. It rarely lasts more then a few minutes before they reappear but it happens several times a day.

Ratings disappear

7 years ago
that's an odd one that nobody has noticed before. I've never seen it either. Likely a recent glitch caused by the server updating, reloading, or having backups being made.

I can't imagine a reasonable situation it would be client side, I can imagine that perhaps your browser isn't gathering all the data from the servers and therefore the default question marks are used; it would be exceptionally odd for this to happen though and that's the only way I can see it being a client-side error.

How long have you noticed this? If you notice it again, make note of the time. How often does this occur?

If it happens every 24hrs then it is likely the site updating as it does everyday at 12AM EST.

Ratings disappear

7 years ago

It happens around 2 or 3 times a day. This first started happening around two weeks ago, also when it happens the top rated storygames category doesn't load properly either. I'll start keeping track of times to see if there is any pattern 

Ratings disappear

7 years ago

I've seen something similar happen, where a story suddenly has a 0 rating.

It either goes away on its own, or until someone else rates the story in which case the rating goes back to normal after the rating is submitted.