Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 9/6/2019: Fixed in v20190002 Update

Server Error in '/' Application

6 years ago

The fantasy section cannot be accessed because it gives a Server Error in '/' Application error.

6 years ago

Yeah; a story was published recently and the sections have issues when a story has fewer than 10 ratings. Once it gets a few more ratings (or unpublished), it should be fine again.

6 years ago

I've seen it fixed before with only nine of them, and it hasn't fixed itself after a dozen. I think it's ~24 hours after publishing. I may be wrong, but that's my thoughts here.

6 years ago

Could be when a story's rating count hasn't been calculated yet (when it just says "based on ratings", since that apparently happens in intervals. I think it'd make sense that trying to turn a nonexistent value into an integer and compare it with ten would throw an error.

6 years ago
It's possible the default value for ratings is null rather than 0, resulting in the check throwing an error. Thus the error goes away after a day when the ratings are calculated for real.

EDIT: Yeah, now that I read the error it's specifically saying it can't convert the result of a calculation to an integer. I'd guess it's ratings_count, since the cast is beside that variable.

6 years ago
I'm not sure anymore what causes it because it doesn't seem directly tied to the number of reviews after all (think it still appeared with that update that hid the first few ratings though), but it's a known bug and an annoyingly common one.

6 years ago

This has been consistently happening to me in "Newly Created Storygames" for about 2 months, and it's highly annoying because I read most of my stories from there nowadays. I've already read most of the old high-rated stories.

6 years ago
It is a hugely frustrating bug but there's not much that can be done about it at the moment. The quickest way to clear it is for more people to rate the news stories as they're put up, which unfortunately seems to be happening more slowly during the summer.

Maybe @Chanbot or @BradinDvorak could figure out some voodoo technique to access the page. Because I mean, it's there, just for whatever reason the link gives that error.

6 years ago

The data's there, yeah; it's just that the server fails trying to put it together. For new games, you can still access a list of them via the RSS feed, fortunately.

6 years ago
Well that's a useful link, never knew about that.

6 years ago
@Victim, if you run out of things to read, how about writing a review?

Actually kind of surprised people get into the site enough to read a ton of stories, but never make an account.

6 years ago

Oh, I did. I even tried to start a story, but it and every other account I made afterwards was banned through no fault of my own. I also have written short reviews as a guest.

6 years ago
LOL

The name is extra funny now.

So before you go, which of our many permabanned faggot shitposters are you?

6 years ago

I have a feeling it's probably TheGhost.

Berka banned him because he was doing something stupid and then when he kept trying to get back on I kept banning him because he was trying to get around said ban.

However it could always be someone else, haven't bothered with an IP check and he's got a window of time to explain himself since its summer and things are a little slow right now.

6 years ago
I was hoping it was someone else. But really they all blur together after awhile.

You should put this in the Lounge, I don't think enough people check this board to assemble a proper jury.

6 years ago

Yep, it's him. Same email address.

Honestly, I'm not even the one that TheGhost pissed off. I was more just supporting Berka's decision since I figured he had a good reason for banning him.

I'll leave it up to Berka if he wants him to remain banned or not since from what I can tell TheGhost/Victim isn't really BlueSabere/Blackhawke level of idiocy. (Yet anyway)

6 years ago

Yeah, it's me. My original account, Trump2016, was banned for being politically themed even though I created the account before that became disallowed. Of course, I received no explanation for the ban, so I created new accounts to get an answer for why I was banned. I messaged mizal first, and she told me to message you. When you didn't reply, I messaged Berka, who told me the real reason for my ban. Berka also told me that you were the one banning my account and that I should message you about it, but of course I still didn't receive a reply, so I gave up trying to make another account after that.

6 years ago

Lol.

Well like I said, if Berka's still fine with you being on here, then I don't really care either at this point. I'm sure if he's fine with it, maybe one of your old ghost accounts can be unbanned or something.

6 years ago
I remember asking Berka about him, he thought at the time he might be the guy that had been making a bunch of other Trump accounts.

Also the fact that his intro post contained a Rickroll in TYOOL 2017 and he refused to just admit he'd made a dumb joke that backfired probably didn't help.

6 years ago

I distinctly recall saying that it was a joke. I also don't know what TYOOL 2017 is.

6 years ago

I'm getting this error every time I reach a certain part of the story The Other World. The first time through, I got to just before the cave fight, and the second time around I got one page further before receiving the error. This is an old story, so it has no lack of ratings, and it doesn't seem that anyone else has experienced the error.

6 years ago

This is completely different from the storygame sections. Take a look at the actual details of the error.

6 years ago

Well here's what the error says:

Server Error in '/' Application.

PostProcessed already!

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: PostProcessed already!

Source Error: 

Line 52: case "FollowLink": Line 53: { Line 54: StoryStateReturnValues ret = State.FollowLink(int.Parse(Request.Form["pbValue"])); Line 55: switch (ret) Line 56: {

Source File: c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx    Line: 54 

Stack Trace: 

[Exception: PostProcessed already!] ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.PostProcess() in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67973\Src\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState_PostProcess.cs:184 ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.FollowLink(Int32 linkId) in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67973\Src\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState_PublicInterface.cs:258 ASP.story_viewer_default_aspx.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx:54 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3811

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2053.0

6 years ago

The only results for "PostProcessed already" involve the $ITEMSTATE variables. It looks like currently, changing the value of an $ITEMSTATE in a link script throws the error. It's kind of a known issue, actually, since it's mentioned in an article, not that that makes it any less of an issue.

So basically, if anyone able to were to go into the game's scripts to try and fix the problem, they should check link scripts for any instances of code that changes $ITEMSTATEs and rework them into page scripts.