Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 4/28/2019: Is a feature, not a bug.

Games are unpublishing themselves.

6 years ago

Do they need more writing time or was there content that wasn't sufficient? I need to know to work on the issue. 

6 years ago

I do not know why I find the thread title so hilarious.

Stories usually get unpublished for a variety reasons actually. Be it from receiving too many low ratings and not meeting site criteria, or the author doing so themselves in some instances. 

6 years ago

I assure you if I wouldn't be inquiring at all, if it was self inflicted. I'll add some more to them or make something different I guess. Thank you though. 

6 years ago
A story with a rating below 2.50 or thereabouts will usually be unpublished. The reviews will usually give a good clue as to the reason for low ratings (in your case I know this to be so because I wrote comments on both of them.)

Being incredibly short in addition to seeming rushed and not entirely proofread was and is usually a big factor in how a story is received.

6 years ago

Probably should just scrap them at this point and try again. If you republish, the stories are going to reappear with the same low rating and then those will just be deleted.

6 years ago

Can I retitled them with a new title or will I have to scrap all those pages together? Yikes. 

6 years ago
The stories are like 1000 words each lol.

And yes, scrapping them altogether is best. Even if you completely rewrote them and added a lot, they're marked with the original publishing date and the old ratings still stick.

6 years ago

Though, if you really want to rework your previously published stories, you could just copy and paste them into a new one and continue on from there. But be sure to really thouroughly improve them. Don't just re-publish your old ones, cause that will come back to bite you in the ass.

6 years ago

I was briefly imagining that the games themselves were becoming sentient and rebelling against their creators with that thread title. It's a relief that that wasn't the case and you got your answer, so I wish you luck in any future story that you may work on. I'm sure you'll be able to build and improve from some of the feedback. :) 

6 years ago

Reminds me of a guy I knew who was convinced Facebook was deleting his friends...

6 years ago

I'm sure I do, thank you to everyone else. 

6 years ago

Well well well, it looks like the trash is taking itself out lol.

6 years ago

A valuable addition to a thread that's more than a week old.

6 years ago

Why, is this your suicide note or something?

6 years ago
Oh shit. That was actually pretty good.