WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Message

Although it's highly unlikely you will find them, post reports about problems or bugs in here.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
I was working on a new story and after writing on a page I clicked add link to a new page, wrote the page name, clicked ok and then a message appeared saying "Oops this page has been created on a story that doesn't exist" or words to that effect and then when I went back to My Stories I found the story was gone. I had already created and worked on several pages over the last few days before that so I had saved it and reopened it several times. I don't know why this happened but it has actually really pissed me off and now I don't think I am going to bother writing that particular story on this site. I have had the site fail to save long pages of writing before but never had it lose a whole story before. To call it annoying would be to put it mildly.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Any chance you remember the name of it? Might be able to recover the pages if it for some reason just moved to deleted.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Life of a Pirate Captain

If it could be recovered that would make me happy :)

Site lost my game

5 months ago

Found it, but apparently it was in the deleted games section.

Fortunately things sometimes don't fully delete unless an admin "double deletes" them.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/del~7e711~7elife-of-a-pirate-captain

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Yeah, I suspected as much. Likely the easiest way to recover at this point is for you to make a new story and just copy and paste the pages into it.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Thank you End but clicking the link just redirects me to the main story game page :S

Site lost my game

5 months ago

Might be something only the admins can access.

There's not too many pages, I'll just copy/past then to you through PMs. You'll lose the coding I guess, but still have the text.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Never heard of losing a whole game before, damn, that's a true bitch! At least there's a record in the Del games, but why it would get there in the first place?!?

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Site times out while doing an action I think when you do another action immediately after. Along the same lines of if you click "Save Script" and immediately after click "close and save script", it sometimes "deletes" all of the links on your page. The links are technically still in your script list though, they just have no name and aren't associated with anything.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
I don't know why it vanished, it never happened before... I've lost pages by my computer having a brain-fart or clicking links too quickly but never lost a story before.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Yeah, no denying it's really weird that it occurred. The site has some wonky tendencies.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
I'd be like 'this is why I write everything in Scrivener' *smug face* but this goes way beyond glitches pages and it really seems like the site has some kind of personal grudge against you, Will.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
Haha technology hates me :D The funniest moment was the other night after watching several online episodes of a series on my girlfriend's I-Pad for five hours, as soon as she handed it to me it crashed and the connection couldn't be recovered :P I just give off an anti-technology vibe :)

Site lost my game

5 months ago
This has finally convinced me I really need to copy and paste everything I've written over the past year into a google doc or something.

Site lost my game

5 months ago
I recommend chiseling it on a stone tablet and burying it in your backyard, just to be sure. ^v^

Site lost my game

5 months ago
That's what I do. Bothers the heck out of the neighborhood dogs...