WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Message

Although it's highly unlikely you will find them, post reports about problems or bugs in here.

I couldn’t log on earlier, I had to deactivate...

5 months ago

:) I deactivated the cookie blocker, now I can log on... but I’m now worried because it said “website not secure”

Does that mean I could potentially get viruses on this phone from using this site?

5 months ago
CYS uses a cookie to remember that you're logged in. So if you block all cookies, it's quite possible that it'll "forget" you logged in once you reload the page. Cookies aren't purely evil, they're used for some useful things, so instead of disabling all cookies, try just disabling the third party ones and perhaps set your browser to clear them once you close the tab or the browser itself; though that'll of course mean that you'll have to log in each time you open the browser. As for the website not being secure, that's most likely showing up because CYS is not a https site, so there's no encryption. Just don't use the same password for this site as for other ones and you'll be fine. There aren't any viruses or anything of the sort on here. The only thing you need to worry about is getting cancer from reading the forum.

5 months ago

Thank you Mayana, you are so sweet. You have eased my mind immensely. You sound like a really kind and caring person, with a good sense of humor too. I think that is a great idea what you said, and I shall take your good advice again. Thank you. And yes, I should worry about cancer from over-exposure of light sources at night. Or I should be worried, at least, about getting improper (or lack of) melatonin levels that probably damage my DNA.

5 months ago

*suspicion*

5 months ago

Uh oh. Run Howdy! While you still can! She's only being nice so she can lure you in before gouging your eyes out with a fiery stick. Like polyphemus from the Odyssey.  

5 months ago

xD You’re just pulling my leg right. I think she genuinely likes to help people. I think you are a good person too, and you’re A Chosen Hero story is awesome!

5 months ago
Damn, saw the title and was hoping it was someone confused about a ban.