Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 9/5/2019: Fixed

Font choices still not available in story editor

4 years ago

Font choice and point size are now options when writing a message in the forum, and when writing a storygame description in the editor. However, when I go to "chapters and pages" and open one of the individual pages, "font" and "size" are still not available (nor does the word count appear in the lower right).

I cleared my browsing history, and that had no effect.

I tried creating a new page, thinking maybe that the updates weren't applied to previously-created pages, but these options were still not present.

Further, the font and sizing selections I made before the update are stripped away, so when I open my storygame everything is displayed in whatever the default font is (Arial?) with no option to change it back.

Otherwise, from what I've seen of the new RTE features in the places where they do work, I am excited to start working with them!

4 years ago

@Bill_Ingersoll

I'm super sorry that I missed this thread. I saw it about 15 minutes ago and I have the fix in master now, so the next release will fix this bug. If you have something high priority like this that's really getting in your way, please tag me, or PM me so I don't miss it.

Apologies -- this bug happened because the site is half migrated from asp to aspx, and I missed that there was an asp class that overwrites the RTE settings. I actually did test that the editor worked for asp/aspx but that was before the plugin release... I didn't expect that class to overwrite plugins only and not mess with the core RTE functionality -- I assumed (incorrectly) that it would break more integrally if the issue was with asp pages in general.

4 years ago

No worries. It will be a while before my next story is ready to publish, and I've been writing offline anyway. Thanks.