Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 7/31/2020: Fixed now.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago

Hello,

I had a page on my story that linked to another page. Then, I deleted the other page. Now, I can't access the first page. Every time I try, I get an error!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.AdvancedEditor.StoryPage.CreateChildControls() in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E94741\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Stories\AdvancedEditor\StoryPage.cs:240
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +105
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +65
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6874

Can anyone help me?

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
This is a known bug that should be fixed with the next update.

Hope you had a backup...

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
Doesn't really need one. Once the update hits he'll just be able to access the page like normal.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago

Backups are a great idea, but I don't know how to make offsite backups. How do you do it?

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago

For what it's worth, you can go into the preview for that page to copy the content.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago

Solution: Wait for the next update.

This is a bit annoying since I'm inspired now, but I guess I can wait. How long do you think the update will take?

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
You can still write in another program, or create a new page and go from there.

What's the name of the page you're having the problem on?

I've brought it up with Alex, just depends if he's willing to be nagged into pushing an update just for one bug. But it seems like several people have been tripping over it and making these identical bug threads, so hopefully he can.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
Next update fixes 3 things, not just this actually.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago

Oh, nice idea! I'll try that for a while.

Story: Life of an "Average" Kid (Unshared)

Page: [#3] Bike

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
Alex says he'll push the update around 3am eastern time.

Corrupted Story Pages

3 years ago
Coolness