Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Awakening (Continuing Story)

7 years ago
I saw Zag and T-Count's stories had already kind of ground to a halt (because they are shamefully lazy) so thought I might as well attempt one. I'm not promising more than one update a day, especially during the week, but I'll try for more than that, basically whenever I need a quick break from my other project.

You blink once, twice, as you snap out of a deep, dreamless sleep. The monotonous hum of machinery suffuses your senses.

Simply going back to sleep is tempting, but there's a shrill, annoying beeping coming from somewhere close by, interspersed by a semi-rhythmic thumping sound from somewhere further away. Directly overhead, a white light flickers. It's painfully bright to look up at, but small enough that most of the rest of the room is in shadow.

You seem to be lying on a metal slab, and as you sit up you instinctively brush something away from yourself, realizing after a moment that it's some kind of plastic tubing, hooked up to various machines around the bed.

Currently you're clothed in a kind of form fitting jumpsuit made of a lightweight, pale blue material. There aren't a lot of other details you can make out from here. And...cliche as it may be, you can't remember anything about who you are or why you're here. There is, however, no panic in the realization. In fact, you mostly just feel very calm and well rested. You suppose you'll figure things out in time.

1.) Examine the plastic tubing and machinery.
2.) Locate the source of the beeping.
3.) Investigate the thumping sound.
4.) Examine yourself more closely.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Option 4

7 years ago

Your jumpsuit has no markings or tags, and you don't seem to be carrying any form of identification.

Frowning slightly, you run your fingers over your wrists. There's a tiny metal port in each, and a search reveals another at the nape of your neck, and one on your chest. They're like something a patient receiving dialysis or chemotherapy might be fitted with. It seems probable you were hooked up by the plastic tubing to the machines to receive some sort of treatment, though you feel fine, and physically, nothing else seems out of the ordinary. You have no tattoos or notable scarring that you can find in an initial search.

You are male/female with pale/tanned/dark skin and spiky black/brown/red/blonde hair. You seem short/of average height/tall, and you have a slender/medium/muscular build.

1.) Locate the source of the beeping.

2.) Investigate the thumping sound.

3.) Search the room.

7 years ago

(MALE PALE BLONDE AVERAGE MEDIUM)

2.) Investigate the thumping sound.

7 years ago
(I saw what you did there. :P Not brave enough to stick with a black, blonde, swole dwarf woman I see...)

7 years ago

I just like how MALE PALE sounds phonetically.

7 years ago

Female, tanned, blonde, of average height, medium build

option 3

7 years ago
(Female, tanned, black, tall, medium.)
Option 3, search the room.

7 years ago

(Male, pale, black, short, muscular)

Search the room.

7 years ago

Male Dark Black Tall Slender Hard Wet

2.) Investigate the humping sound.

7 years ago
Ew, people are still posting here?

Okay. You're a man with tanned skin and spiky blonde hair, of average height and average build.

You start examining your surroundings more closely.

The room is fairly large, but the amount of machinery makes it feel crowded. Aside from those surrounding the metal slab you awoke on, there's a treadmill hooked to a heart rate monitor, a full body scanner, several blank-screened computers on a row of desks against the wall--one apparently the source of the obnoxious beeping--and other equipment with functions you're frankly not sure of. Most seem vaguely medical in nature.

Two small doors open into a tiny bathroom and empty closet, neither of which contain anything of interest of value. A third door leads to a hallway.

Searching the desks reveals someone has been frustratingly thorough in removing any papers that might give you a clue as to who or where you are. You do however unearth a working flashlight with wrist straps, a lanyard with two keys and an empty plastic sleeve where an ID had once gone, a multitool, and a styrofoam cup containing the congealed remains of what had once perhaps been coffee, now overgrown with a colorful variety of flora.

Discarding that last, you spot a much more useful bottle of water and grab that instead.

A crashing sound and the tinkle of breaking glass chooses that moment to grab your attention. It came from somewhere outside the room, in the direction of the thumping sound, which has now stopped.

1.) See what's going on outside.
2.) Examine the computers.

7 years ago

2) Examine the computers

7 years ago
2.) Examine the computers. Because if there's some strange and dangerous thing outside, who cares. Lets wait for it here!

7 years ago

Not lazy. Just looking for armadillo food. And armadillos. They ran away. I'm going through a grieving stage. Why you gotta be so damn insensitive?

7 years ago

I'm not lazy either, I just need to focus on school.