Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Storygame Ideas A'Broil'n

7 years ago

I've been trying to write more! I's fun and all, but I want to tackle something super awesome...Like a big story game. Not too big. Just sorta big. I've got a few ideas, and I wanted to get some feedback and see what you guys would like?

Big Mafia Adventure Thing

The Setup: You're a kid (10, 12 maybe) growing up in a Mafia driven neighborhood. Your dad is a bodyguard for one of the big boss guys, who treat you like family. You live, surrounded by crime, and it's your job to navigate the streets in order to survive and make it to the top!

How: I was reading up on some of the good ol' Mafias in New York, and I thought this would be pretty cool. A good, meaty length with some major characters that would dictate your future. Lot's of business with keeping up relations, stats, and whatever else. A bunch of career paths (hitman, doctor, soldato) and a few character paths. Probably would be split up into 2 chapters, the first chapter being your childhood where you build up stats to assume your career, and the second chapter taking place in your late teens/early twenties, where you pursue the said career. 

Darfur Is Dying, Guys. Genocide Everywhere

The Setup: You play as a child turned soldier in Darfur. You experience atrocities and try to stay alive.

How: Reading up on this too. It would be fun to do a research-ish real story! More linear than the mafia story. Keep up on stats and relations, although no quite as deep as the story above. A good, pound-it-in length. Lots of murder. Probably an item system too, which I still need to figure out. Lot's of death routes, I guess.

Stupid Highschool Adventure WOW!

The Setup: Your best friend has been challenged to a smack down after school tomorrow. Help him escape, train, or whatever else, because you guys are best friends and that's what ya gotta do.

How: Goofier! Not as long! Friendship! This game would probably have a point system and a few items(?) but it would definitely put more stock into the characters and story(??). Would be a lot of fun to write. Features friendship and The Outsiders refrences.

I have other ideas too, but...Like, they haven't got anything really in them. I would really appreciate some feedback, and if you've got any ideas on how to make the story more interesting or the coding cooler or something, I would love it! Or just say anything you'd wanna see from a story. Like good grammar. 

7 years ago

I like how you went from a dark story of genocide and child-killing in Africa to a wacky 80s teen movie, complete with a training montage and the theme to Rocky Balboa. 

7 years ago
This should go in the Writing Workshop really, but I've been noticing you around and contributing more so a storygame seems like the obvious next step.

The last one seems like the best fit for what I've seen of your writing style tbh. Not that challenging yourself to write a more serious story is a bad thing....but there's 'serious' and then there's child soldiers in Darfur. Might want to work your way on up to that one.

7 years ago

Given that puddibunni tends to have whizzy "lol random" personality I'm sort of curious of what she'd do with the whole Darfur setting.