Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Dust Bowl (Warning: Story from 6th Grade)

6 years ago

Basically as the school year is closing for me, I've decided to read some of the stories that I had wrote in my younger years. It's always fun to see how much you've grown when looking at older (usually cringy) works. This is one of those stories. When I was in the 6th grade, my science teacher told us, "Write a short story about the Dust Bowl (Basically a time where nature said, "the desert has sandstorms, so why can't the farmlands have duststorms? And the occasional snuster.) and be sure to include Black Sunday (Black Friday if it "actually" killed people) and historically accurate information."

That's what I did. Of course, being the writer I was, and still am, I wrote this story with class (Pun not intended) and for being as young as I was. I believe this is pretty impressive. Then again, anyone reading, feel free to criticize and judge. It does help in the long run and it's fun to poke at older writings.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UoTDzbBZSwuztjEjRmVKGkenTGuurX7p_wK8PmG1XjM/edit?usp=sharing

There you go, read, enjoy (or loathe) and comment.