Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Week of Literature: The Numero First

6 years ago

Welcome to Week of Literature! The world's number one source of shoddily painted, sun-bubbled, thin-plastic ripoffs for children to play with when Seto can't afford to buy them real toys again. Make sure to read the Mandarin safety instructions before beginning, and remember that this toy has small, breakable parts that are not for children under the mental age of 3.

Now that that's outta the way: PROMPTS! Today's theme is "Make Overused Monsters Great Again".

1. Every 40 year old childless trophy wife seems to love the idea of teenage vampires fucking, and will write a book about it. But how would a teenage vampire ACTUALLY act? Remember, traditional Draculas are boring and people hate them. He doesn't actually exist in folklore, he's an amalgam of Vlad the Impaler and the wizard powers commonly atributed to vampires. Write about some weird medieval superstition having teenager problems in the modern world, or any other kind of non-traditional blood-drinker that strikes your fancy, honestly. We don't care here, it's Week Of Literature.

2. Real-life clowns are getting increasingly pissed off at the modern portrayal of clowns in the media as obnoxious murderers and child molesters. You should write a story about a morally upstanding clown here in order to appease them before they start getting ideas. Or write a story from the POV of an evil one, I don't really mind.

3. It's the zombie apocalypse! Except this time, man's only hope against the undead menace is... The undead menace. A lich king/queen pits their army of fantasy zombies against The Virus, if only to make sure they still have people to rule over once everything is said and done.

If you somehow write about all three, Week Of Literature will start dispensing free plastic fish-fingers for you and you only.

6 years ago
We're talking actual teenagers who are vampires, right? Not 'teenage vampires' who are hundreds of years old and still creeping on high school girls?

6 years ago

Yeah, vampires who are still young enough to be unironically going to high school and having daddy issues. They might even have a vampire sitcom family.

6 years ago
Anyway, yay, prompts. I encourage you all to participate in this thread even though Sent is just a dime store Seto.

Here, let Mizal help with ideas:

Summer vacation, and to take his mind off the spreading virus and ever increasing quarantine zones always on the news, a highschool student gets a job at an amusement park that requires him to dress as a clown. Too late he realizes the other clowns belong to a secret cult of vampires--but, GOOD vampires, and therefore good clowns--sworn to defend humanity in service to an immortal queen. They add him to their numbers and the main part of the plot involves keeping park patrons happy with face painting and exquisitely crafted balloon animals, when things go terribly wrong and it turns out a rogue scientist has been handing out bottled water tainted with a fast acting strain of The Virus. It's undead against undead in a race against time to contain the outbreak and save as many humans as possible.

Hire me Hollywood.

6 years ago

The implication that these Clowns are only good clowns because they're good vampires is a highly bigoted microaggression. I suggest you check your mortal privilege.

6 years ago
Are you going to be ranking these? My primary reason for entering would of course be to have my writing declared better than everyone else's.

6 years ago

Why yes, of course. Everyone else on the future tagging list will be collectively shamed by the glory of the winners, who will choose a theme or a prompt or whathaveyou. Far be it from me to drag others into such shame by stealing Seto's tagging list. I mean, sure, Seto might've snatched it from Kiel, but they're part of the same conglomerate. I'm just a small-time businessman.

6 years ago
Think he stole that list from Axiom actually.

But hey if this all gets to be too much for you, we could always see if Seto can send in Gemini again to be our temporary host.

6 years ago
So I notice I'm literally the only one who's replied to this thread. Anyone else working on anything?

Maybe I should've picked a different option, I'd almost forgotten how boring vampires were and I'm out of practice enough as it is...

6 years ago

I've been terribly busy this week.

I might participate next week.

6 years ago

I started a story but I'm super busy getting ready for graduation this week and being a lazy piece of shit? so we'll see if I finish.

6 years ago

Oh, no, that's fine. I wasn't actually present for most of this week, and it was posted on a Tuesday or something, so once this hits 7 days old, I'm probably just gonna make this Numero The First.5 and put up more prompts, and all will be valid until next week. Of course, if you still win the first half, you still get to choose the shit for next week.