Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Another Short Prompt

6 years ago
Again, not designed to take time away from your own stories. But if you need a push and perhaps a nudge to get past the procrastinating or just to get the juices flowing, have a go. No prizes, competition, or anything like that.

Setting: At the beach.
Words: Fortune, Motel, First Class
Task: Your main character is a cowboy/cowgirl.

Another Short Prompt

6 years ago

Oh, man, cool. Another prompt for me to waste my time on. Done one today, might as well do another just for funsies. Gotta work that creative juice.

~~~~~

Don't Ya Dare Take My Booty!

"Whoa!"

At the sight of an endless expanse of water stretching into the horizon, Missy Blaze pulls back on the reins to get her horse to stop.

"What the hell?" she mutters to herself. "What is an ocean doin' here in the middle o' the goddamned desert?"

Of course the planet has to conspire against her when she's attempting to make her grand escape with her newfound fortune. Of course, someone, somehow, at some point in time, created a fucking ocean for the sole purpose of making sure she doesn't get away with her loot.

The steady pounding of hooves is getting louder. Missy looks behind her and sees two riders billowing up the dust on the road not too far in the distance.

Shit. She really should have left the motel right after she lifted all the jewelry from the wealthy lady's first-class rooms. Deciding to celebrate at the motel bar was probably the stupidest choice she made in her entire life. That, and getting cozy with the motel manager for the night, after getting drunk.

Well, it's too late for regrets, and there's nowhere else to run. They're about forty feet away, nearly at the edge of the beach. Thirty-five feet. Thirty. Twenty-five.

She can see the facial features of the riders now. She's seen them before; those two men work at the motel. Damn that pudgy, filthy stinking rich bitch for sending them after her.

Twenty. Fifteen. Ten.

Missy takes her guns out of her holsters, twirl them around her fingers, and aim them at the pair of riders.

"It's all mine now. I ain't lettin' you take it back to that rotten stuck-up brat. Leave me alone or else I'll shoot you both dead."

Both men halt their horses. One of them dismounts and peers up at her from under the rim of his hat. "What are ya talkin' 'bout, miss?"

"You know what I'm talkin' about. Hey! Keep your hands outta that pocket!"

He holds up a red piece of cloth. "But I'm jus' try'na give ya back ya panties, miss."

~~~~~

Another Short Prompt

6 years ago
Jim-Bob looked down at his horses' hooves as they sank into the sand. He kicked the horse to get it moving towards the motel on the beach. It wasn't fancy, no first-class operation, but it was what his fortune would allow.

(Wow, that was really short).

Another Short Prompt

6 years ago

Jimmy, decked out in his cowboy hat and boots, looks out of the airplane window from his first class seat.  Below him was the beach, and in the distance the airport and his destination....the Fortune Motel.