Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Digits awsome story

5 years ago
Once there was whale.

The majestic whale swam very majestically.

So majestically that all the townspeople watched it with awe.

The whale sadly though did not swim forever.

The townspeople had to eat the majestic whale, or else they would starve.

The End.

@mizal Ok you can let me out now.

Digits awsome story

5 years ago

fuck you didgit that's not how it works

Digits awsome story

5 years ago
Be sure to recycle this thread when you're ready to post your real story ok?

Digits awsome story

5 years ago
Commended by mizal on 9/11/2018 9:47:38 PM
Stop bullying me, I tried very hard on that attempt.

Anyway here’s my second one, I hope you all choke on it.

The sandy deserts have been said to spread on for miles and miles beyond what the eye could see atop one of the tallest dunes. One could walk for hours, maybe even days and never have the chance of finding actual civilization. Only those seasoned with traversing these lands with experience would be able to enter and leave unschathed.

The countless bones of the deceased who were unfortunate enough to run out of water or other provisions, could be found now and then by the occasional traveler. There were even entire caravan wreckages that could be found, attacked by desperate stragglers or bandits looking for quick coin with the valuable goods those caravans would carry.

The deserts, in themselves held hundreds, maybe even thousands of travelers at any given time of the day. One would ask why anyone would willingly travel those deserts when the the odds were usually stacked against their favor. The reason for this was the two kingdoms that bordered each side of the desert.

It was these two kingdoms that were vastly different from one another, in the way they ran their governments and in the way they treated their people.

On one side you had the Kingdom of Getan. Rich in wealth, but divided heavily in wage gaps, this was the place in which you either lived in absolute luxury, or were condemned to a life of enteral squalor. Government officials were recommended of course by the wealthy, so laws and edicts passed were always in their favor. The poor served their purpose, forever assigned to servitude and heavy labor duties, though those assignments themselves were the very backbone of the solid economy that Getan was able to Boast with.

On the side of the desert, was the Kingdom of Jereis. Usually one could dispute and argue on whether a kingdom was truly fair or not when it came to governing its citizens. Fair was a understatement though when it came to the righteous lands of Jereis. Laws and Edicts were taken to the word for almost every case, and the punishments for breaking such rules would lead to severe punishments in which this Kingdom had a such a reputation for.

Hangings were common, trials by combat even more so. In a kingdom that was once ravaged by anarchy and bandits, it took one solid and dutiful man to clench his fist over what he could, with his legacy defining the future of what Jereis would eventually become.

Getting into a official position was fair, but the process was rigorous and thorough. Countless recommendations were needed, and a spotless reputation needed to be maintained. The Black Guard kept heavy eyes for signs of corruption or fraud, anyone found executing such a vile acts would be sent to the Red Palace. No one ever saw the bodies dead or alive, of anyone sentenced into the Red Palace once they were to enter.

Crime was almost non existent, the Black Guard handled almost all matters, whether it be a petty dispute all the way up to acts of high treason.

Comparing the process of entering the Black Guard compared to gaining a official office was almost night and day. No one knows who exactly is on the Black Guard, with their vow to never shed their identities or remove their masks and cowls.

Life as a average citizen was both filled with hard labor, but also with immense freedom. Workers for whatever branch or section they worked in needed to fill a quota. Failing to meet the quotas led to reprimandation, and sometimes a change in profession. The cog in which Jereis ran on couldn’t be hampered by inefficiency from its citizens. There was almost no surplus in money, the wage gap of the citizens was almost non existence, which the Jereis government didn’t mind at all.

The reason for this was simple. If anyone in in Jereis were to ever make enough wealth to be able to flaunt at their own expense, then they would immediately pack their bags and move to Getan, in hopes of having more freedom and power with their higher class. Renegades, bandits and all the other scum that found a way to delay their inevitable execution in Jereis would also flee to Getan, or even just the deserts themselves if they were desperate enough. The Black Guard had no jurisdiction past the lands of Jereis, though it’s not like they really cared or wanted it anyway.

Those were grew tired from the never ending poverty of Getan would try and cross the deserts in order to get to the lands of Jereis, for a better chance of stability and freedom.

So, with the the refugees, merchants, bandits, and common travelers all sharing the desert for its ancient roads, there’s no reason in why there wouldn’t be a influx of voyagers.

One such Voyager was Hannah, and her Earthen Rock companion Brutus. Hannah has long since traveled these deserts back and forth as a mercenary with her companion. A native from a foreign land far away from is region, she now could call the deserts her home if she wanted too, save for the occasional inn visit at each kingdom.

A look at her face one could see a young, eager looking individual who took her contracts to heart, and saw them through to the end. It wasn’t even the money that she was after, the obvious answer to anyone was just the fun of adventuring, though she herself would never admit this for a odd reason. Though her companion never seemed to mind the danger that she put him through, though rumors about the duo bring up slavery and such ill topics, the duo were very much the best of comrades.

Even with the deserts taking away her forearm when she was still just a new blood, she still roams as a regular. On the search for new adventure and connections to be made and severed.

This was the story of one such adventure.

p.s. im gay

Digits awsome story

5 years ago
man I"m not reading all this, too many words

Digits awsome story

5 years ago
@Digit where is the freakin story.

>This was the story of one such adventure.

No it's not, this is an intro. The character doesn't even get introduced until the last paragraph and the plot is non existent. I'm going to let you out because you put in effort and it's an interesting setting and start, and frankly, no one deserves to be in a room with Jibble. But you're clearly going to be a repeat offender so I'd suggest you have something in mind for continuing this next time.

Digits awsome story

5 years ago

Hey Digit, I like the idea and premise of this story.  Each kingdom was interesting and as night and day as you could get, and I like the mystery behind the Red Palace and the Black Guard.  Certainly well written, my only complaint is that is isn't quite a story and more of an introduction to one.

Regardless, I think you have great potential as a writer and don't know why you don't put more effort into it more often.  

I hope to see the rest of this, either as a CC series or as a storygame someday, good job.