WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Message

Share your short stories, poems, collaborative works, original artwork and more.

Corgi's Unofficial Contest: The Lords of the Land

12 days ago

Hear ye! Hear ye! The start of the unofficial contest...begins officially! 

Are you a newcomer without much experience writing cyoas, or looking for that extra push to finally publish something? Looking to test your mettle against your fellow cys members? Then you've come to the right place!

Theme: Medieval/Fantasy Adventure

Focus:  The story must revolve around a King, Queen, Knight (or even a page or squire), or some other nobility as they go about ruling their kingdom or go off on some adventure fit for one of high and mighty status.

Deadline: April 15th at 12am EST.

The deadline to announce your entry is April 1st. Also be aware that storygames should be created on the site at least 48 hours in advance, otherwise you will not be able to publish them and may fail the contest.

Entry: Participants must formally post their intent to enter on this thread. There is no point fee for entering, and no SHAMING if you happen to fail. 

Prizes: The first place winner will receive these fabulous prizes!

100 points

A smidgen of my affection 

A sliver of Sabley's admiration

A sample of AYT's wholesomeness

A scrap of immunity from Wibn's hickabilly wrath

Second Place will receive an honorable mention and some honor as well.

Judged: The Judges will be AYT, Sabley, Wibn, and myself. The first and second place winners will be announced shortly after the deadline has passed and entries have been submitted.

Requirements: The submissions must meet minimum site requirements or they will be disqualified during the judging period. If you publish a story without posting intent to enter, you will also be disqualified. 

If none of the stories meet minimum site requirements there will be no winner, and you will receive my disappointment as well as Sabley's and AYT'S hatred.

Have fun and good luck!

12 days ago

Sir Corgi, I formally declare my intention to enter this contest. 

The perversions of Triclops shall not go unpunished.  

12 days ago
Hurray!
Don't fail to submit, or I shall be forced to smite you like an unwashed heathen.

12 days ago

Yes, sir!  I won't let you down.

I came through last time, didn't I?

12 days ago
I apparently gave that one a 1/8.

12 days ago

Details, details.

12 days ago

Huzzah!

12 days ago
This is a good theme and you've given them plenty of time, plus classic fantasy has to be about the most popular genre there is and simple to write.

I'm not giving 100 points out for half-assed crap though, that's an insane amount of points for a contest. That's what featured stories get. So if everybody flakes and somebody wins by default with something they rushed out, too bad.

You probably should've set a minimum number of entrants for there to be a contest at all.

12 days ago

Yes, if no one writes anything good then no one wins!

12 days ago
Don't worry, in time you'll learn to always go into things with the assumption that other people are lazy and worthless.

11 days ago

I shall partake in thy competition.

I will be submitting  Nebula Horde, my entry for this contest, on the 10th of April.

The game will follow the actions of Prince Exos of the Aeria Kingdom, which is under siege during the events of the game.

Should everything turn out well, there should be 3 main paths with 6 endings - not counting deaths.

(EDIT - Think of the video game Fabled 3 for reference. The game will kind of work like that.)

11 days ago

I'm not too familiar with any Fabled games but your story sounds interesting. Good luck and I look forward to reading ti!

9 days ago
I'm a big fan of the Fable games. This sounds interesting and ambitious, I look forward to reading it.

9 days ago

So am I. I have decided to change the MC to a different prince, so Prince Exos will just be the elder brother.

I will strive to keep the plot itself original, but I do plan on adding my own twist to the preparation segment of the game(s).

Also, after getting some structuring done, I have decided to have 2 main routes that branch off to 3 different paths each.

I am really loving writing this. Can't wait to publish it!

(EDIT - Also, I have changed the name of the kingdom to CalitusI will mayhap use the other kingdom name in another story.)

yesterday
Why pick the worst game in the Fable series?

11 days ago

Of all the freaking contests to have my favorite genre, AND you have it due in April. Yeah that’s a double no. Maybe if it was due in February, then I might join, but I probably won’t be here for half the contest. 

Will elaborate in the discord.

11 days ago

That doesn't make sense. You're saying if the contest was due in February you'd have time, given that it's due in April, you'd still have the same amount of time available, you'd just be submitting it a whole lot earlier than most people.

11 days ago

He was whining in the Discord about being above competing with squires and only considering joining if someone such as Steve or Mizal do.  

He's just scared that he won't come through and will be beaten by me with a thousand word piece of crap again.  

11 days ago

Yeah I just read it. Not sure why not seeing the results is an issue. I mean he's going to come back from the jungle and back to civilization eventually, he can see the results then.

Unless the natives he's trying to convert, cook him and eat him I guess.

11 days ago

If no one submits anything even remotely decent Eternal should win.

Hell, Eternal should win anyway.

10 days ago
This is the kind of contest I like: 3 months until you have to commit. I'll start writing and if I have something by the end of March I'll join.

10 days ago

Just join, there aren't any consequences if you dont turn anything in. So you mind as well make things interesting by joining officially. You have nothing to lose and everything to win.

10 days ago
Good point. Although I do have my pride to lose. ;)

10 days ago

I'll sweeten the deal, if you join and win you can become my THIRD squire, along with all the honor and benefits that come with that alone.

10 days ago

He probably wouldn't be any worse than that brony Triclops.

Hey, @3iguy!  Are you planning to participate in our duel, or have I become Corgi's Champion by default?

10 days ago
I've already agreed.

I am not a brony.

10 days ago

Just making sure you post in the official thread, in which all are required to announce their intentions before the first of April.  

2 days ago
Hmmm... That's a tempting offer. I'll try to start something in these next two weeks and if it feels like it's going somewhere I'll join.

10 days ago

I’ll participate, let’s see if I’m able to complete my Bohemian story but I’m infested with this horrible disease called ‘procrastination’. Also wagering in 20 points, that should be enough for self-motivation.

10 days ago

I am looking forward to that one; so please don't mess this up.

10 days ago

Glad you're in, but we're not betting with this contest. It's purely win or lose this time!

10 days ago

Oh, alright. I’ll have to find some other way for self-motivation then.

9 days ago

Kind Sir Corgi,

Although I am filled with trepidation at the prospect of this quest, I would like to announce my full intentions to enter.

Except to see a pathetic submission from me, or none at all.

9 days ago
except the unaccepted

9 days ago

i wish i understood what this means.

very ominous.

9 days ago
I hope you win.

9 days ago
An expectional bit of guidance.

9 days ago

Count me in, Corgi :)

8 days ago

Current Contestants so far

Cricket
3iguy
Ficsean_Chef
ShoujoAddict
AmazingSeaStar
Ninjapitka

8 days ago
Count me in.

8 days ago

Awesome! Glad to have you Clam and Ford.

8 days ago
in

8 days ago
Our trust in you is... small.

8 days ago
Indeed. Many would not notice I'm in at this point but I see you're quite shallow and observant.

8 days ago

Not that I judge race but do you happen to be Russian?

8 days ago
Talk about the contest or get out of the thread.

8 days ago

Are you referring to some polish stereotype about russians?

8 days ago

Edit:

Clam

Ford

Samyers

8 days ago

Alright. As I have nothing left to lose I guess I'll join in. I need some redemption after my last few contests.

6 days ago

Four judges seems like it could lead to issues when the quite reasonable possibility of two people finding one game to be the best and another finding a different game to be the best, as both would almost definitely have the other game as their 2, meaning there'd be a filthy tie.

2 days ago
You could try instant runoff voting, though with such a small number of judges and stories, it could still end up with a tie...

yesterday
I don't really see a downside to Corgi's first contest ending up a disorganized disaster tbh.

yesterday
I think Corgi got a tie-breaking judge to fix this potential problem.

yesterday
There's 9 announced and this is "unofficial?" I think the over/under on number of actual completed entries is three...

3 days ago
Noticed just now that all the judges hate me.

3 days ago
Guess you'll just have to write a game so clearly superior to the others in every possible way that they can't vote against it without making their bias obvious. Good luck with that.

3 days ago

So just like every contest.

3 days ago
Nah, I don't hate you. You're still the CYS extention thingy guy, so that's a good thing.

2 days ago
I can probably get over the fact that you made me deeply uncomfortable one time over a personal pic of mine and that you also once posted a gross cartoon dick pic in a discord server filled with underage kids if, like Mizal said, you write something clearly superior to every other entry.

I'll be a fair judge

2 days ago

I'll state my intentions to join, and hopefully I'll submit something. I need to get back to writing, and this will serve as adequate practice.