Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Corgi Promptly Presents....A Writing Prompt!

5 years ago

Or...a few.  I figure it anyone needs help getting the creative juices flowing, here are a few prompts that could do the trick.  Enjoy and I can't wait to see what some of you come up with!

1.)  Dealt an unlucky hand by cruel fate, the protagonist finds themselves up on the executioners block, awaiting a grisly end by the axe.

BUT, the protagonist is a sentient block of wood and the executioner is really just a dude trying to chop some firewood.

2.) A devilish mastermind, a true genius, an expert with a plan to take over....the world! Muwahahaha!  

BUT the mastermind is a snail that must somehow get their plans across to henchmen, fellow evil masterminds, etc.

3.) Combine a strange amalgamation of three genres, but no matter which you chose they story must contain the words; "yeehaw!" "croochie-proochies" and "alexithymia"

4.) Light a candle, dim the lights, hold hands, and say a prayer.  A lost soul hires a medium to talk to an old friend, boss, coworker, etc.  A hilarious argument ensues.

BUT, the medium and character hiring them are both in the afterlife and attempting to communicate with the living.

Have fun you crazy kids!

5 years ago
These aren't really prompts so much as you telling people exactly what to write lol.

5 years ago

No no, its a prompt.  But the exact details can be left up to the writer, and I suppose if they want to change some stuff around they really could.

I'm just bad at prompts I guess :'(

5 years ago
They're all really good right up until the BUT part which immediately destroys any cool ideas the first half inspired and replaces it with something very specific and dumb. tl;dr you do indeed suck at prompts, I'm sorry.

5 years ago

These are fun. I like the fourth the most because that felt the easiest my not-so-bright brain could comprehend. I may write something, or I may not, depending on how the brain works; but wanted to let you know these are fun