Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Tempest Despair

4 years ago

Tempest despair

A violent storm forged from my souls heart ache and greif blew my ship off course 

Lost and bewildered I battled against the roar of that darkness that surrounded me.  

A monstrous wave of agony and anguish overturned my vessel  

I lost my footing; I could not hold my ground. 

My battered and weak spirit fell into the waiting dark cold sea below.  

The wicked darkness of the tempest Despair was waiting in the cold tide of time to strike the final blow to my soul 

I looked to the shore for rescue as my war with God erupted from the darkest pit of my being  

A roar of rage and hatred spewed forth out of the darkness of my soul poisoning the waters of my life which now caged my lost soul 

Now in my darkest hour the winds carried a whisper to my ear from the Devil himself. The earie whisper proclaimed mockingly, "you are not strong enough to withstand this storm!" The voice hissed on "give up, give in, I will be your friend" 

I smiled and met the dark princes gaze, as the violent gale suddenly quieted.  

I planted my feet as I faced the swirling abyss of that dark storm.  

I shifted forward into a battle stance. I prepared to fight the battle of my life for my life.  

"You stupid horned beast" i chuckled, "don't you see?"  

I lunged into the unknown, as my battle cry rang out, " I AM THE STORM

Please note I was inspired by the lines " I am the storm" and "You are not strong enough to withstand this storm"  These two lines are not my orginal work. The author is listed as unknown, so I am unable to list here

Tempest Despair

4 years ago

Interesting poem about depression. You might want to replace the "darkest hour" phrase with something more original. But a nice description of inner turmoil.