Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

CYS: Vault Stories!

4 years ago

I discussed this idea on the discord and here I go! Inspired by Mizal’s thread on which CYS member would we be with in a vault in global nuclear annihilation. This is a thread where you can choose 5 members of your choice and write a fictional story of your life in a vault with them! Let your imaginations run wild and make your story however you want! This is a great opportunity to show appreciation for your CYS friends, show scorn for your CYS enemies, or roast everyone to your hearts content! There is no word limit, but still, make one sufficiently long enough through your own judgement.

4 years ago

What if I want to do more than 5 people

4 years ago
Then you do it with the knowledge that Shouja is in no way important enough to enforce any rules.

4 years ago

Eh, Mizal had asked for only 5 people in her vault poll so I was just following suit, but it’s your choice.

4 years ago
So this'll be Kingdom of CYStia in Fallout format I suppose. Hopefully somebody will produce something interesting but I'll likely be too lazy unless the thread stays active awhile.

4 years ago

crick crick crick crick
Mizal couldn't sleep.
crick crick
She hadn't let Cricket in, yet she was still tormented without rest every night.
crick crick crick
Was it a guilty conscience? Perhaps she missed the late night activity she had known Cricket for? Mizal was unsure. All she knew was THAT FUCKING INSECT REFUSED TO SHUT UP EVEN AFTER DEATH AND IF THIS WAS SOME NECROMANCER'S IDEA OF A JOKE THERE WOULD BE HELL TO PAY
crick crick crick

Inside the wall sat a cricket, overjoyed that she had managed to get to safety without protest from Mizal.

crick crick crick crick crick

4 years ago

It's like Telltale Heart but with an insect.

4 years ago

(I hope you guys don't mind me writing one. I haven't been here very long, so I might get some stuff wrong, but it was a lot of fun. Please feel free to critique it and let me know how I can improve. Oh and I used everyone's profile pictures as a reference for how they look. And Mizal, I wasn't sure if you wanted your name capitalized so I just decided to capitalize it. I hope thats okay.)

Bang Bang Bang

A loud pounding reverberated through the bunker. Corgi, angry to be woken from their nap, began barking wildly at the new sound.

“Sounds like someone is at the door,” says the cloaked figure in the corner, “I wonder if these ones are fucktards or faggots.”

Briar, who had been looking at the surveillance screen with great fascination, turns to the cloaked figure. “Looks like they’re some CoGites! ^_^”

“So both fucktards AND faggots. Let Mizal deal with it. Turnip, you’re the noob, go get Mizal and tell her we have company.”

I slowly walk through the long corridor leading to the mess hall and come across a gruesome sight. A poor jackfruit has been carved up and deseeded, its innards lying in a bowl and covered with raw onions. It’s seeds, once strong and firm, are being boiled alive in pots. And its rind, once protection for the mighty fruit, is now being used as pauldrons for the killer which stands before me. I almost vomit, but manage to keep my composure and utter a weak, “Excuse me, Mizal?”

“Oh Turnip, I didn’t notice you. We’re going to have a good dinner tonight. Ever had a jackfruit?”

“N-no, we didn’t have those in the desolate wastes of Russia…”

“Well you're in for a treat. Its like a pineapple mixed with a mango. You’ll love it. So whats up?”

“The Dark One sent me. There’s some CoGites at the door and they aren’t leaving.” The smile from her face drops as she hears this.

“Alright, lets go. I swear if this is one of Cricket’s tricks I’m going to squash that little bug…” A faint chirping, almost sounding like a laugh, emanates from somewhere in the room.

As we reach the entrance it is clear that the situation has escalated. The banging has grown louder and more frantic, and Corgi seems to have run into the wall in a hyperactive fit, knocking themselves out. Mizal steps over the dog and up to the microphone to talk to the CoGites outside. Briar, who had been talking to the CoGites in an attempt to compromise, hands the mic over with a simple, “I thought they might be good ones :P” Mizal presses the red button on the microphone and speaks.

“You approach the mighty CYStian bunker, property of the Kingdom of CYStia! For what reason do you disturb our mighty kingdom?”

Their leader, a whiny and craven being in a plague doctors outfit, introduces himself. “My name is Exeldgamer! I lead these brave souls of the CoG Resistance to your bunker in an attempt to seek refuge. Our former leader, Jason the Cuck, banished us for making a joke about trans people and now we have nowhere to go. We have no food and no water, and the zombies from the IntFiction vault are roaming around. You have to help us! Please!”

Mizal stands silent for a moment. Finally, she speaks. “If you can write me a 1000 word short story we’ll let you into the bunker.”

Exeldgamer was taken aback. “Are you crazy? 1000 words just to get into a dumb bunker? That’s completely unreasonable. There is no way anybody could write 1000 words. I’m not doing it.”

“Then I guess you’ll stay out there in HELL.” Mizal calmly stated. She muted the screen and began her walk back to the kitchen. After all, those jackfruits wouldn’t be preparing themselves. I watch the screen, horrified as the dreaded IntFiction zombies devour the CoGite’s one by one. As I watch, I feel some sympathy for them. After all, I was like them once. Blinded by the CoGite lies until I was cast aside like garbage. And as I watch the last CoGite be devoured, I hear the cloaked figure utter three wise words.

“Lol, what faggots.”

4 years ago
Accurate. 8/8

4 years ago

A masterpiece! heart

4 years ago

Thank both you and Cricket for your kind words. It really does mean a lot to me. This was the first story that I've written in a long, long time that has had more than around 100 words. I was very nervous to post it, but I figured that I'll never improve unless I attempt to try writing bigger and better stories. While I am not entirely happy with how it came out (I intended it to be a bit longer for one thing), I am happy that it has been received so positively so far. So thank you again for your kind words, both of you.

4 years ago
Lol, this was a good one. Like I said this thread reminds me of the old Villains/Kingdom of CYStia stuff before everyone got too burned out and lazy for them and half the cast was rotated out, and this story would've been a good fit for any of those at their peak.

For being a relative noob, all the characterization is spot on.

4 years ago

Thank you very much. I'm very happy you enjoyed it. That Kingdom of CYStia stuff sounds like a lot of fun. As for the characterization, I read through a lot of older threads since I joined here and used those to get some more insight into everyone's personalities. It's also been a bit over four months since I joined so I figured I had a decent amount of first hand interaction with you guys and could try to write dialogue that would be at least somewhat fitting for all of you. I'm happy that it seems to have worked out well.

4 years ago

I imagine that when Briar says something and then a emoticon, she says the characters in it. Like ":P" is "Colon-P" and "^_^" is "Caret-Underscore-Caret".

She must not be taking the apocalypse well.

4 years ago

That symbol's called a Caret? You learn new things every day. Colon-Close Bracket.

4 years ago

For some reason as I was writing it I imagined her having a little emotion bubble appear over her head like in Animal Crossing and that's where the emoticons showed up. I think I've been watching my little sister play to many games.