Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

A humble idea

3 years ago

You are led to a cave by an ancient soul, pleading for relief of being trapped eternally.

The cave opens up to reveal doors, marked by symbols of XXX, XXX, XXX etc. (Could be like lust, rage, pity...)

Every door you pass, a piece of the story is revealed of the ghost's past...

Name:TBD

Genre: Mystery/Puzzle

Everything else: This is a game based on logic, you are offered 5 doors of different symbols, one holds treasure, and one holds death. All of them(except for death) lead to 5 more doors, for X generations.

In the door selection page, you will have 2 statements, hidden, split into 6 words, and scrambled. They tell you which door holds death, and which holds treasure.

You can only select 3 words from the 6(I can do this with link restriction), and then you are forced to make your decision.

Logic part: After a door symbol has been deemed treasure or death, they will not appear the same role again. I can use this to inference safe rooms.

Scoring:

Death - give none(duh)

Treasure - gives 20 points

Safe room - gives 5 points

Now the only part that I am worried about is the leaderboard. I dunno if we can store players scores, and put them up on a leaderboard. Other than that, the numbers are changeable, and I’m open to suggestions.

A humble idea

3 years ago
Score is a built in variable, and if they leave a comment on the game, it'll be visible. You could then collect that in a thread or something if you really wanted to.

Puzzle games are kind of hit and miss. I think there's room for them on the site, but there's never been anyone making consistently good ones so we don't really have the audience for them hanging around anymore like we might've in the early days. And there's a limit to how interesting they can be in this format. Mixing in the plot with the ghost and their backstory was a good idea, it may offer enough motivation for even people who don't care for puzzles to keep playing.

I do think you should be careful of splitting your focus between too many games though. Are you sure you don't want to finish the plane crash one and then come back to this?

A humble idea

3 years ago

Right, I was going to talk about that, it was sort of a follow up plan, I am currently in the process of finishing up the plane crash, then if this garners enough curiosity among CYStians then I plan to write this. I'm gonna be here all night...

Thanks, mizal!