Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/11/2017: Bug not feature.

No rating unpublished storygames.

9 years ago

I propose that ratings can not be left on unpublished storygames, even with sneak peek. There has been at least one case of a member going through a members points, finding unpublished games, and rating them without the author's consent. It is because of this that I think members should not be able to rate games that have yet to be published. I think that players should still be able to access these games, but they should not be able to directly rate the game. This would mean that all comments on unpublished games would have to be communicated by pm or in the forums.

9 years ago

You realize that Eternal would have reset it's rating several times if this was in place while it was being written?

I think it works fine as is, if theres an obvious dislike of a story from the members of the site and a high number of #8 ratings then that is a different issue all together.

9 years ago

Eternal would not have reset it's rating any times if this is to be set in place, because if this is to be set in place, you CAN'T rate. 

9 years ago

Without ratings our entire "Top Rated Story's" would be gone or different and the storygame system would have to be rewritten a little.

There is also no point in not having the ratings. I don't see what we would gain by getting rid of them. If anything it would just make it harder to find bad stories.

9 years ago

That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is:

1. Ratings from when the game was published before should still count.

2. It should be impossible to rate a game while it is unpublished.

9 years ago
Rating an unpublished storygame shouldn't give points, that's my opinion on the matter; and as a bonus, as soon as the game is published the ratings and comments reset to clear. So, I don't mind people rating unpublished storygames - the problem I see is easy points for being rude to the author. The games are unpublished for a reason, they're not finished. So rating an unfinished game is like rating a troll game with one page - it's not satisfying nor worth it - and so it shouldn't count.

9 years ago

This is also a possibility.

9 years ago

Agreed. I would say that when a storygame is unpublished all 'end game and leave comments' links are greyed out.

9 years ago

Yeah! That would suffice.

9 years ago

That would work better. I'll support this.