Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 1/15/2017: Not technologically feasible for one person.

App

9 years ago

I would very much like a CYS apple app so for instance it will alert me if there is a new forum post etc.

App

9 years ago

Maybe an app where I can actually use the forums xD

Yeah, as much as I would like to see this on android, I don't think it will happen.

App

9 years ago

Set the option "Send Me Email Notification" to on.

Set your phone to push (I believe) emails to you phone (means you'll get a notification whenever you get an email).

Bam, now you get an email alert whenever something happens (assuming the email alert system works).

App

9 years ago

I thought it doesn't work?

App

9 years ago

If we were gonna get an app, I'd want it so we'd be able to play story games on-the-go, not dawdle on the forums more :P

App

9 years ago

But we can just use the internet to play story games on the go, there's no need for an app to do that.

App

9 years ago

It would make them easier to access, though.

App

9 years ago

Not everyone has an internet accessing phone (or, in my case, a phone at all) :P

App

9 years ago

Xt1000305 is right, if we can already access it on a tablet/i-phone, what more will this 'app' do?

App

9 years ago

Forums?

App

9 years ago

But we already have a phone that can have apps in this scenario.

App

9 years ago

hmm?

App

9 years ago

So... You'd probably already be able to access the forums with that phone anyhow haha.

App

9 years ago

Via a browser? Yeah I can, but I can't post because it doesn't work properly. I'm guessing it's something to do with Java but I don't know. An app might actually let some of us use the forums on our phones.

App

9 years ago

Some tablets don't have internet access though. Phones do, but as I've always said, reading games while you're on an 28-hour car-ride to Florida would be a big help. And I don't own a phone haha. My ipad doesn't have wifi on it's own.

I mean, I doubt this'll get implemented either way, but yeah.

App

9 years ago

Bu...bu...but the interweb on mah phone doesn't like the forums :(

I think it would be useful to have both features, I suppose mainly because the forums do not work on my phone.

App

9 years ago

@JJJ-thebanisher

We have an alert feature now, so this should be closed maybe now.