Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: Doable already.

Background Colors

9 years ago

I think that implementing a choice to change the default color of a page in a story game would be beneficial to the readers.  It would add a feel to it.  For example, if you were playing a horror story game, wouldn't the reader feel more immersed if they were staring at a dark screen, instead of a bright white one?

And of course don't allow the authors to implement crazy colors, and maybe if the readers didn't want the different background color, maybe give them an option to disable it?

But I know that it is mostly about the actual words that create the atmosphere, but to create that true environment (or at least take a step towards it), I believe that it truly would be a great implementation into the site.

Background Colors

9 years ago

Interesting. Sounds cool. I agree if it wouldn't be too much work to make it.

Background Colors

9 years ago

... Would be a needless distraction. Finished that for ya!

Red would be too distracting. Dark would be hard to read, without white font, which is unpleasant. Blue? Nah. White is the optimum color. Anything else would screw it up. 

Why do you think paper is white? 

Background Colors

9 years ago

Well that's why there could be a choice for the readers, that if they didn't want the background color, they could select it to disable it.  It would make honestly make a game feel more full, knowing that the colors actually create a setting, and it wouldn't be too distracting.  It would bring games up to a whole new level in my opinion, and honestly, I would enjoy playing a game that had a creepy feeling to it, with a dark screen.

Background Colors

9 years ago

I'd rather have it on a enable-if-you-want-it choice. Not always on unless you turn it off every story.

There's also the article Ford posted.

Background Colors

9 years ago

Paper is white so the ink will be visible.

I honestly prefer white ink on a black backround.

Background Colors

9 years ago
There's already an article on this, how it's done, and how easy it is. It already exists:

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=108

Background Colors

9 years ago

Huh, sounds cool!  But what if new story game authors want to change the background, don't know how, and they don't ask  for help?  They may or may not find that article, so it would be nice to have an option like this.

Background Colors

9 years ago

That is such a terrible reason lol. 

Background Colors

9 years ago

It's still a reason, isn't it?  wink