Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: Low pri

Warning before closing comment window

9 years ago

I was in the process of writing a lengthy comment for a storygame, but I accidentally clicked on the "No Thanks" button and it deleted everything I'd written. I suppose it's also possible that someone will click on the other button instead and submit a half-written comment as well.

Might it be a useful feature if you got a warning before the window was closed? It's really frustrating when you're writing a long comment and it all disappears. It's pretty easy to click on those two big buttons at the bottom unintentionally and because the window closes you can't retrieve what you've lost. I know this isn't going to be an incredibly common occurrence and it'll only be a problem on occasion, but it would be nice to see a solution.

I don't know how easy this would be to implement. Perhaps one of those pop-up mini window things could appear if you try to close the window and you've already written something inside the box.

In the future I'll probably write comments somewhere else first and then paste it. This is probably not a high priority issue.

UPDATE: I wrote this lengthy comment again and at the end, I once again clicked "No Thanks" instead of "Submit Comment". I freaked out again but then I realised I actually wrote the comment somewhere else this time. See, I think it's very easy to click on the wrong button by mistake or maybe I'm just an idiot.

9 years ago

If they can add a double popup for dueling, one for your conformation the other confirming the duel, I don't see why it would be that hard to implement.

9 years ago
I've never duelled so I wasn't even aware of this. Thanks for that.

9 years ago

LOL >.<

Tev, tev, tev. You click on it twice by mistake? 

9 years ago
Yes. >_<

The second time I just raged for a bit until I realised that I already saved it somewhere else.

9 years ago

Regardless on if the idea is implemented. The events related to it are rather amusing. lol

9 years ago
I can't disagree with that. XD

9 years ago

I'd really want to see this implemented. If there's even the smallest chance that something like this prevents good, strong comments on storygames from appearing, I'd rather have it than not.

Additionally, there's been a few complaints I've noticed about people losing their work, If this suggestion is accepted, perhaps someone could consider using the pop up idea for other pats of the site.