Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/7909

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Can there be auto-saving for your stories?  I just lost a bunch of stuff because I was randomly logged out, and couldn't connect to CYS.

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

No, this is a bad idea because

A) It would create slower connection time for each page

B) Probably be hard to code

C) You can only have one save at a time

D) If I save right before a key part, I might want to go back to that part instead of going to my "last page read"

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Sorry.  I should've clarified.  I mean auto-saving in your game.  So when you are writing something, it would save every once in a while.

Not for an actual save for a game you are playing.

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Ohhh...

The main problem with this would that it would be hard to code. I suggest using google docs or word when writing, and then copy and pasting.

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

I've tried that before, but I just don't like the format it results in.  But anything that saves hard work for the awesome guys behind CYS.  :D

+extra points for sucking up

Auto-Saving

9 years ago
There's this add-on called Lazarus Form Recovery that auto-saves any text you type into forms. I haven't tested it in the rich text editor, but it seems to work for plain text.

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

I just installed the Firefox addon and it doesn't seem to work for me on any text box.  I tried random ones from different sites that I frequent, and the icon just doesn't show up.  The Lazarus site doesn't seem to have any help or info for this either.

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Google Chrome is the master race of browsers. Just like PC is the master race of gaming.

Thing

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Linux is the only way to travel.  And Chrome...!?!  Need I say more?

Auto-Saving

9 years ago

Do I need to repeat myself Firefox peasant? I think not!

But I shall in case you didn't hear me...

Thing

It is big, just like my ego.