Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 1/25/2017: Peace out daily point!

[SITE] Extra Points on Holiday Days

8 years ago

This is just a little thing but perhaps the Daily Point on 29 February should give a Reward of 4 Points because Leap Year Day only happens once every four years. It's be a nice little quirk for the site, relatively easy to implement and would give the community a pleasant surprise. It could also be extended to certain Festive Days like 3 Points on Christmas as a "Merry Christmas from CYS", maybe for New Years Day or Easter as well as 15 Points for the Birthday Day, it'd give people another reason to enjoy the site and use it during the holidays.

8 years ago

I like your idea. 

8 years ago
I dont really see the point (get it?).

If you get the points no matter what, it doesn't make you want to visit more. If that was your goal, then having some sort of multiplier for the daily point that gives more during holidays would make more sense.

8 years ago

Either way it won't matter because sooner or later people will realize how useless the points are. People don't stay for the point, they stay for the community.

8 years ago

Tbh I came for the stories and the points, hence my high totals of both :) It took me months and months to force myself onto the Forums because I thought they were a distraction from writing. Now I quite enjoy talking to the people there but I think people do come to this site for different things so it might be nice if there's another little motivator like "holiday bonus points" or something :)

8 years ago

It sounds interesting, but would it be needed? Points don't really do much as it is now. It'd be nice to see implemented. Maybe they'll make points meaningful in the future.

8 years ago

The creators of the site wanted to have points be redeemable for site merchandise. But alas, that feature hasn't been added yet.

8 years ago
It won't ever be added.

8 years ago

That saddens me even more.

8 years ago

Well then. That kinda sucks. (Even though it'd be neat for the point ranks. But who checks those?)

8 years ago

I do.

8 years ago

Damn. I thought malky was the dream killer.

8 years ago

I like this idea, especially for a holiday like Christmas where generosity is encouraged. (Cysid giving a gift of points whilst asking members to be his Valentine also sounds kind of charming, hehe.) Though, if nothing else, it'd be nice to see some festive cheer around here beyond the usual threads... hm... 

7 years ago
Now that the Daily Point has been removed, could this be moved to the rejected section or could this be extended to other aspects of the site that yield points? For example, 2x points for featured comments or daily and most commended points on holidays, thus encouraging productivity.

7 years ago

Small thing, commendations are counted (and points are awarded) the day they're issued by a mod, not on the day the item was written. Therefore, doubling rewards in EXP for commendations would increase the mods' workload on holidays