Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/20/2016: what killa said

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

Basically this would be another category in "my stuff." if you follow/add a person, you can see what they've posted lately. nobody except them can see it if you follow/add them.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

This is a writing site, not Facebook, so I'm pretty sure this won't be useful or important.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago
Actually we had a variant of this come up where you could follow an author. It would be an decent feature, but ultimately Alex wont bother with it.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

Ah, I see. That would be actually, a good feature. Too bad.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

Thanks Hilary.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

no, i meant you can follow a person whose stories you like and see when they've published a new one. stuff like that.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

...You said post. Not publish. Two different things.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

well i'm sorry if i worded a thing incorrectly. please don't call me out on it. i can't help my absentmindedness.

Adding/following friends

7 years ago

I believe that this is a great idea, but it wont be worth the time to do. Many people may use it to see who published what, but it is highly debatable if the watcher will actually PLAY the game. Like in DeviantArt, just as an example, I watch several people, but I never get around to seeing their art. If you're that loyal to a specific writer, you will have no problem visiting their page to check what they have.

The fact that this will most likely be a useless feature champions the fact that it is actually a great idea. Perhaps when a more variety of different writers (have you noticed that many of the featured writers repeat?) start getting more well known will this be a great idea.