Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/10/2017: Will add unban functionality
This feature was completed 1/15/2017: Done via unban option...

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

So, it was talked about before in admin shakeup how something between the nuke of a banning and the feather duster of point deductions was needed. I believe this would be good. 

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

I second this!

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

Everyone knows this is needed, including 3J. (That mother fucking bitch. Excuse my language! ^_^) 

Unlikely to ever happen though, for obvious reasons.

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

Incase you forgot, this site is filled with retarded children that need things to be explained to them, myself included. Can you spell it out for us kids? Why can't it be implemented?!

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago
It'd be a pain in the ass.

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

You might've noticed that even small suggestions pretty much never get implemented, because alexp is the guy that has to do anything on the coding level and he doesn't have much time for this site anymore beyond making sure the bills get paid.

What we're talking about here would require a massive overhaul of the entire site. The situation now is that the forums are fully integrated witheverything else. He'd have to either completely change the way accounts work and access the site, or else split the forums themselves off from the rest of it (which would probably mean everyone would need separate accounts for the site and the forums.) 

Also, right now a banned account can't ever be unbanned, and afaik that's hardwired in, so that'd need to be worked out as well. Either way, it'd be a massive undertaking even if alexp had plenty of time to give the site his full attention. 

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

So basically, this forum is practically useless...

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

If only this could happen...

[SITE] Temporary Bans

7 years ago

I don't think a new type of ban is needed so much as a change to the original banning function. Make it more obvious (such as after logging in, showing a "banned" notification), reversible, and add a method of auto-reversing after a certain amount of time.