Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/24/2017: Not sure how I feel about the top 100 thing at this point, but I definitely like the top 10 at the end of the year, thing. We can even do this manually.
This feature was completed 1/25/2017: Complete to some extent.

Top 100/Top 10 in Year XP Awards

7 years ago
With our new Story Rating system - which shows overall place on the Site as well as it's standing for the year in which it was published - I think we should incorporate some sort of XP award for those who fall into either category.

It might be something only run at the end of each year, but should award the Top 10 games for the Year, as they stack up when the script is run - and award any game that hit Top 100 during the Year (even if it dropped back out later on).

Something would need to be in place to prevent a game getting awarded for top 100 more than once, while it shouldn't be a concern for Top 10 of the Year, as they are only calculated once for each Year.

7 years ago

Reconsidering this and I definitely want to auto-award any storygame that reaches the top 100.

7 years ago
Great feature idea.

7 years ago

I've gone a different direction with this. I don't think the top 10 of the year thing is feasible because it effectively eliminates all stories written in the latter few months, as they might not reach the requisite 100 ratings necessary to get a ranking.

We'd have to award the points for the year before last every january (i.e. storygames published in 2015 are awarded in jan 2017) but I think you'll find that those stories are recognized well enough in the next update.