Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: In time, I'd like to do away with categories. Maybe rankings within a tag eventually, though...

[SITE] Add rankings to story category pages

7 years ago
This one might be a bit more complicated...

When you view a list of storygames for a category, we already see the length, difficulty, and rating. I'd love to see another column added here that would also show the story's ranking. If possible, it would be really neat to see the ranking of stories specifically in that category (#0 in Fantasy) so we could even sort by that column as well (and the stories with too few would simply drop to the bottom).

7 years ago

I´m pretty sure that ratings are for that.

7 years ago
No, it's a completely different number. The ranking is calculated differently and only applies to stories with 100+ ratings. It would be a ranking from 1 to the total number of ranked stories in a category (like 120).

7 years ago

I believe it would be easier to just search for games above a certain rating using the filter, as this would require aditional coding which could affect the site as a whole.

7 years ago
That's the part I'm not sure about. The site has already added the code to calculate the ranking of each story over and the ranking of each story each year. I'm not sure how much additional work it might be to add a ranking of each story in each category.