Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 3/4/2017: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/advanced-editor-forum/message/21655 Stopgap until there's more time to work on features like this one.

[Editor] Toggle option for conditional links

7 years ago

Currently, the only way to read all paths in the preview mode is by going through the in game motions to activate the triggers required to activate those variables. This is a laborious process for playtesting np complete outcomes.

While proofreading longer, variable dependent stories, it's a nuisance to restart from the beginning to meet the exact variables required to trigger a particular route/ending, and preview as it is right now only works from the start of the story (unlike say Powerpoint where you can resume a slideshow from any slide). If preview could be done from any page, that would be my primary request, but I can think of a number of reasons why that may be difficult.

In the meanwhile, the best way to proofread content in the live story is to disable all conditionals, but this then brings the problem of manually re-coding the conditionals when you're done proofing. The way conditionals are set right now, you can't copy them / use format painter mechanics on them. Those would be appreciated. I'd give this an impact factor baseline of 4/10, going up to 7/10 for more complex variable driven works