Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: We probably need to overhaul picture uploading in general

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
How about adding the option to upload multiple pictures at a time. This will save some time and effort for stories where large amount of pics are required.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
I agree this would be quite useful. The current method is a chore, when dealing with more than a couple of pictures in your story.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
being able to upload by link instead of having to choose a file would also save a lot but I think that's a bit difficult to impliment. Multiple picture uploads seems iffy as well...not only the code but also the addition of limits on that code so people don't upload 300 images at a time.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago

This would probably not be used as much as it seems it would, because since the pictures have to be within certain length and width, uploading multiple would be a chore since it could just say they're all too big and then you have to edit them all.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
or worse...upload a bunch and have one of them too big and it cancels all of them and doesn't tell you which one is too big o-o

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago

Yeah >~<

That sounds like a pain in the neck.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
Seems a lot more involved to set up than expected. Any way to improve the current set up? Such as autofilling the tag with what you used last - or have it remember which pic you last uploaded, so you can find your place each time you hit browze...

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
As far as I can tell there isn't much to do in the way of improving the current system. Changes to it would require an overhaul for even minor changes outside of text-fixes :(

Size limit may be the easiest thing to change as it's probably hard-defined somewhere. If this is true then it just takes a few value changes to allow bigger files to be uploaded. If this isn't true, then the former statement is a sad matter of fact.

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago

Before this, I'd like to be able to upload larger file sizes. 

Upload Multiple Pictures

7 years ago
uploading or being able to source from an external site like postimg or imgur would be better, since this isn't a commerical site with tons of servers to keep fuckloads of images at high res.

I don't know much about this but it seems very technically demanding. I think it'd be quite the amount of work to change the way images are sourced on CYS.

hope I'm wrong and this is actually really easy for 3J to change up