Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/27/2017: Not a bad idea, but too low priority for now.

[Site] Get Notifications for Comments

7 years ago
I know I would like this feature, as I really want to know when people post comments on my stories. I don't know if others would enjoy it as much. One of the first things I do almost every day is check for comments, myself. I don't know if it would be easy to add this as an option in a profile as well (to turn off the comment notifications).

7 years ago

I imagine this would be annoying for people who have popular stories that get a lot of comments. I'm behind this if the option can be enabled and disabled.

7 years ago

If the feature is considered, I'd prefer the author be able to turn comments on and off by story (so say if one of the old guard does launch a new story, they'd only get notifications for comments on that one). Also, this would be a really nice feature, manually checking every day is tedious.

7 years ago
I've suggested this before and it was rejected. But, I suspect a lot of the old rejections were because the old admins were helpless with no access to coding stuff but never wanted to just come out and say it.

So I definitely support this as long as it can be disabled in the profile if desired.

7 years ago

Agreed, there needs to be a way to disable it. Notifications are really annoying.