Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: I hesitate to add to category page when it's eventually going to be doomed.

Sort stories by new

6 years ago

So, I don't know whether a feature like this already exists, but I've been trying to keep up with reading every story that shows up under 'Newly Created Storygames' and have failed to do so. Several storygames  slipped by before I was able to read them due to the tide of contest entries. What I'm wondering is if there is a directory of all published storygames, preferably one that can 'sort by new'. If not, is there any other solution to my conundrum?

Sort stories by new

6 years ago

I'd say this is the closet thing to what you want, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are looking for.

Can find it by going: Storygames.
Scroll down.
Clicking [See All New Storygames].

Hope you comment on them all, dedicated readers are always appreciated, and any feedback/thoughts are always great.

Sort stories by new

6 years ago

Unfortunately, that’s not what I’m looking for. That’s what I already knew about. What I’m looking for is a way to track relatively new stories after they’ve fallen off the page you linked to.

Sort stories by new

6 years ago

Ah makes sense, I suppose it def would have been a bit weird if you couldn't have found that page on your own. xD

Yeah some way to find stories one has missed could be handy, since I can't think of an easy way to figure this out. Maybe making a thread asking ppl to give you links to their recent stories? Not sure how that'd go tho.

Anyway, I imagine just adding a 'time published' filter option to the existing filter options, similar to the one for the forum search, could solve this issue. However I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to actually code that, as I'm pretty much stupid in regards to that.

If it is just copy + paste the code, then I guess it wouldn't be hard to do. But let's be honest, I doubt the code is that simple.

I do wonder if there are others who would also want this feature, since at the moment I feel it would be put towards the back of 'to implement features'.
Granted, if it isn't hard to implement, it could be a nice little thing to roll out just for convenience, and heck, it might even encourage some people to read the more recent stories, which is always a good thing.

TL;DR
My non expert opinion believes adding a similar filter option to the one forums search uses, regarding dates, could be implemented relatively easily to solve this issue. It might encourage people to read more newer stories.

P.S.
If there is a way to do this, then I feel it could help to point it out with a link or something on the main storygames page, to again, encourage people to read newer stories. Mainly since I haven't seen anyone mention such a feature, and it honestly would be pretty neat to have.

Sort stories by new

6 years ago
You could try this. Alexp once tried to make a new layout for CYS, but never finished it, so if something doesn't work as it should, I'm sorry. I think you can sort the stories by newest. I hope this helps.

Sort stories by new

6 years ago
Doesn't work unfortunately. Or 'sort by newest' at least is broken. If I click to the very last page I'm seeing two games by TestingJest and then a bunch of random ones from different dates. (and eurgh I'm glad he never finished that one, design is just as dated as this while also being actively painful to look at...)

Any game you haven't rated yet might as well be considered a 'new game' however and when you pull up the storygames here you get that helpful list of checkmarks for the ones you've already covered. A sort by date option in the filter would be useful though.