Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/23/2020: See comments.

Kindness Recognition

4 years ago

Trophy ideaI think it would be really neat if there was a specific area on the website to recognize users who are being exceptionally kind to others. If this is accepted, I imagine it would be like another Forum, and it would be called the Kindness Korner (The k in korner is intentional), and if users see others being kind, they could put up a chat thanking the whomever they witnessed being user. This could also create a potential for a new trophy, and maybe every month or so the person with the most  thanks gets it! I imagine the trophy looking somewhat like this picture:

There could also be a glowing variant for the person who gets it most of the year, but that doesn’t have to be a feature.

Kindness Recognition

4 years ago
haha, HA HA HA HA

Because, are you joking right? Where in hell have you seen Kindness and hippie furries dancing around. The power of kindness that's in the little pony forum. Not in Cys seriously.

Kindness Recognition

4 years ago
That's gonna be a no for almost too many reasons to list.

No we would not be making a completely new forum section entirely for people to suck up to each other, even if that were practical to do. In reality it would be emptier than the Reading Corner and if it DID get used it would be so cringy and low content I'd genuinely rather see Forum Games back instead.

No we're not making a trophy for something as subjective as 'kindness'. It sounds like a watered down version of the community contributor trophy anyway except more popularity dependent, and even if it existed would run into all the same problems that one has as far as actually being given out.

And then there's the larger issue that kindness is worthless and what you're asking for is a special trophy and section for people who do nothing on the site but sit around passing vapid compliments back and forth.

Again, pretty sure most of us would rather see the return of FG before that, with the idiot children and Warrior Cats and all.

Maybe you can make a thread for personally giving people you like some 'kindness award' art or something, but it's just not going to be a thing on the site itself...for reasons ranging from the physical absence of the person that could do this to begin with, to the fact that it contradicts the whole meritocracy thing we have going on here and would encourage behavior we don't want. The community is at the end of the day in large part about giving critical feedback that helps new authors stop sucking, not 'good I lieked it,.bcuz im nice :)' style comments.

Kindness Recognition

4 years ago

Banned Artsygirl.

There's your kindness trophy everyone.