Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: loathe to reject because of how long this has been open for but it's too low priority to survive for now.

[Editor] Links In/Links Out Information Option

11 years ago

I’d like to have a Button in the Pages Section of the Advanced Editor (set between the Page Detail & Page Delete Buttons) that when clicked (or even better – when hovered over), shows you all the pages linked into the particular page and all the pages the page links out to.

As of now, you can see the links out by clicking on the Page Detail, but there’s no information about what pages Link into the pages. It would be really helpful for large stories where you are trying to find a Variable error leading into a particular page.

If programming information on the hover option is available, then you wouldn’t even need a new button at all – just code it to show the Links In/Links Out information anytime you hover over the Page Detail button.

7 years ago

@BerkaZerka

Would you still find this useful? Definitely not committing to anything, just doing a cleanup of the FWW.

7 years ago

Not sure about him, but I know I'd definitely find this useful.

Especially given how I'm currently working on a few storygames that involve a lot of complicated linking.

7 years ago
Absolutely! This would still be super helpful, even now, where I'm actually trying to get back to my in-limbo games and am spending far too long trying to figure out what I was doing with them.

7 years ago
Indeed, I'd also find this useful if it were added.

7 years ago

Yes, this would be useful. On an semi-arbitrary impact scale, I'd put this as a 6/10 (higher is better) in terms of value added. In case it doesn't take more resources, a precedent/antecedent map would be a killer feature (an 8/10)