Non-threaded ViewNon-threaded View

Forums » Forum Games » Read Message

Text-based multiplayer games played by posting in this forum. Play games made by other members or create your own here.

Dawn of Worlds: Second Age

10 months ago

Seven gods, varied representatives of their infinitely diverse kind, have shaped a world...

...now, it is time to populate it.

Rules: Dawn of Worlds PDF

Dice: Invisible Castle

Players may take their turn for a round at any time, but must do so within 24 hours, or be skipped.

Players must use their god's name for their Invisible Castle rolls, and post a link to each roll they make.

10 months ago

<<< RESERVED, DO NOT REPLY! >>>

Current inhabitants:

Naximu, D9: A subterranean, eyeless race. Hard skin and resistant to toxins. Lifespans measured in centuries. Advances: masonry, metalworking, weapons, firearms. Wonder: stone statue. Order: The Monks of Nex. City: Raximon, good-aligned (+3).

Nexxxims, E8: A four-armed, thinner-skinned variant of the Naximu.

Amar Kabal, J16: A good-aligned race, able to live multiple lifespans thanks to the Amar, or seed, at the back of their neck.

Drinlings, H14: A short-lived race, with lifespans of up to 10 years. Energetic, can eat anything, love digging and mining.

Frigus, F4: An intelligent and assertive race. Order: The Wyvernspawn. Advances: cannons, language, stoneworks, mountain agriculture, alchemy. City: Cryathemus.

Solaris, F1: A subrace of the Frigus. War-like and savage, fiery hair colors. Order: The Sunseekers. Advances: Shipbuilding, plasma-based magic.

Etzim, H18: A tall, tree-like race, requiring no food or sleep, capable of rooting themselves to the ground. Advances: Shipbuilding. Two cities, one of which is holy.

Peirot, H18: Sentient telepathic 'grapes' that grow on the Etzim and Frost Etz.

Frost Etz, I16: A sub-race of the Etzim that is cold-hardy.

Elves, G13: Graceful, attuned to nature, vegetarian.

Pegasus, G11: Intelligent and magical horses, capable of 'weaving' plants.

Sairin, B8: Lightweight winged humanoids, highly individualistic. Advances: archery. City: Roost.

Kyril, F11: Silver-skinned, blue-eyed, highly homogenous race. Advances: strategy, architechture. City: Kynaul.

Eshran, J10: A soft-skinned humanoid race, with eel-like heads. Advances: pole-arms. City: Seven Peaks.

Merfolk, G17.

Earth Elementals, E11.

<<< RESERVED, DO NOT REPLY! >>>

10 months ago

Round Nine!

If you had a +2 bonus last time, and are below 5 points, give yourself a +3.

If you had a +1 bonus last time, and are below 5 points, give yourself a +2

If you had no bonus last time, and are below 5 points, give yourself a +1

10 months ago

I had 1 point left over from last round

Link
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103730/

roll =3,4+3+1 =8

Breathing in the life that is in the world he helped shaped Nexus felt a tingling inside a vast emptiness, He took a piece of himself and dipped it into the volcano and began to mold little replicas of his form and place them in the great chasm in d9. These People he named Naximu and as they stood there lifeless and inanimate he took part of his essence and wove it around them and they began to wander aimlessly. Feeling his work incomplete he took a portion of his knowledge and instilled it into them giving the consciousness. They began to gather resources and form bonds with each other. They adapted their senses to the world around them. The Naximu were alive . Nexus was satisfied with his work.

The Naximu are a race of subterranean people. They have very hard skin, No eyes but extremely acute smell and hearing, they are hard working and are completely resistant to toxins due to their impermeable skin and the fact they live underground eating mushrooms, and damp vegetation. They also live considerably long lives given their nature as rock people. Hundreds of years. They are resistant to heat and cold and are generally very hardy. They live as one with the earth as they are formed from the earth. They have no sight so most of the tools they use are very crude, and what they lack in esthetic pleasures they make up for in quality and durability, often trading their gems among each other for basic labor. They will in time master Masonry, and pottery, and stone/metal tooling/weaponry They will have no use for armor due to their skin so they do not bother with, not even enough to make it at all. They are generally a very peaceful people and are in the early stages of devloping a spoken language. They will have no written language ever due to their lack of eyes (the great God Nexus also had no eyes as he was brought into being under ground) For now the chasm is their home and sustains their populace, but they will eventually begin to tunnel and branch out forming great underground canyons and cities. For now they are content with the comfort of Nexus' mighty Chasm. A testimate to his and their will.

-6 points for creating a race

2 points remainding

Turn ended

10 months ago

IS that what you were looking for Morgan? as far as creating a race goes? do I need anything more specific? any questions I left unanswered?

10 months ago

Looks good to me!

10 months ago

awesome thanks!

10 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103347/

8+2+1=11-7=4

Lexi combines her power of flight and her love of travel to create a beautiful pure white Pegasus. this is what she shall use tp make her mark on the world

Created avatar

10 months ago

Well, rolling twice for rounds eight and nine.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4103667/ = 15 + one leftover = 16

10 months ago

*facepalm* Didn't actually mean to skip you last round, Swift. Will update the map w/ all your actions, this time through.

10 months ago

5 hours later...

*coughupdatemapcough*

10 months ago

See above, re, this time through. Uploading and relinking the map is enough of a pain that I'm only willing to do it once per round.

Lazy GM is lazy.

10 months ago

Rolling twice for Round 8 and 9. 

2d6+3=9, 2d6+3=8 so 17 + 2(from two rounds ago)  =19 

Race founded in J16.  The Amar Kabal are a Race created by who are able to live multiple lifetimes. They have an Amar or "seed" on the back of their necks that when they die dislodges from their neck and plants it's self in the ground and regenerates them at the age they were during their first death, a ceremony which would normally be at the age of twenty. They tie their hair around their necks to protect and conceal their Amar. Sometimes when a seed becomes defective,it may cause him to lose his ability to regenerate after replanting. 

The birth rates for this species is not high with after the first few years it holding at about 10 every 2 years. OOC: This is a race from a book I found really awesome :) They also start out with +1 alignment.

13 left

Spend another six to create The Drinlings  They are usually of stocky build and very strong. Their language is a very simplistic language made up of multiple one to two syllable words.Most of them only live up to10 years old and are described as having "Eighty years of energy compressed into 10" and are able to eat anything carbon-based. They breed quickly but again have an average proportional birthrate to humans accept they die much quicker. They can be found in the plains of H14 and have a love of digging and mineing much like drawves

Create a lake in I13 

Point spree done. I wont be on much for the rest of the week so please don't kill my races. 

10 months ago

Not joking please don't kill my races.  This good morgan? 

10 months ago

Nice! I like how creative you folks are being with your races... I'm just wondering how I should track them on the map. But I'll figure something out.

10 months ago

I am going to explain more about there futures

The amar kabal while not a voitale race is one that seeks all types of knowledge from weapons to poetry. They will spend one of there lifetimes learning all they can and bring it back to the homeland because of these they view themselves as a mix of the historians, artists and warriors. Every advancement made will eventually be brought back there. They look like humans and the only way of telling they are not is the seed on the back. They protect the seed with there life and if you kill a seed you face the full brunt of there race against you. If you bring one back they are likely to grant you a favor. They are hugely territorial and are slightly suspicious of other races. In a few turns you will see the best smiths jewelers and warriors coming from the Amar Kabal because of there longevity. 

The drinlings are simple folk and don't actively purse much. The will master mining and jewel hunting in a few turns because of there love of the earth. They will also master masonry but that will take longer. They will develop both armors and weapons to protect themselves and they don't made other races. They have a faster matablisim so are constantly eating and they heal much quicker then other races because of there sort life span. They are netural alignment at the moment and could go either way. They are also more resistant to natural malidies and posions. 

10 months ago

Looks like you're going to be spending a lot of points on advance civilization :)

10 months ago

The wyvern lands on G1, and invites Vendrisca to observe...

Frigus.

They are the great thinkers of the Wyvern.  They are intelligent, reasonable, and assertive.  Although they won't actively seek out conflict, they are not afraid of it. It's just the will to survive that keeps them alive. They appear to live in tribes numbering the dozens...

Later on, they'll progress with evolutionary advances.  Enhanced muscles, sharper reflexes, and so forth.  This change will take at least two turns, though...

As for their technology, they appear to be very...war-like.  Despite being neutral, they will learn how to make weapons and projectiles, later progressing onto bows, crossbows, and eventually...CANNONS.  Unlike similar races, small firearms are meaningless. They'll learn how to use siege cannons, mortars, and all types of missiles in the far-flung future...

The Frigus are a race of what appears to be human, but most definitely will not be.  They are of a fair complexion, despite the ice's glare, and stand on average from five feet, to a towering six feet.  In the likeness of Vendrisca, they possess flaxen-brown hair as a dominant, and black hair as a recessive trait.  They're resistant to the cold, but that isn't the problem.  The men and women are of a lean build, contrary to the weather, but the Wyvern has more plans for them to prevent death...

He ponders a bit, and drops down an old, used race : The Mammoth.

Both races are neutrally aligned.

-12 points, four left.

The wyvern looks at Vedrisca expectantly, to which the young man complies.

[CREATE ORDER]

The Wyvernspawn : A religious order made up of most of the Frigus, who pledge their allegiance to the Wyvern.  The order idealizes on passive behavior and peace, and a swift and furious retaliation to evil-doers, such as murderers, thieves, rapists, and so forth.  Vendrisca sits as the religious leader, known as the "son" of the Wyvern. The cathedrals they'll build in their cities are made of blocks of stones from the ground below...

-1 point for Command Avatar : Create Order.  3 left.

10 months ago

Just to save you guys points, the rules state that you automatically have an order in the species you create. They will automatically worship you as their creator. "An immortal must first establish his presence by creating sects within the race before influencing them via create order. The creator(s) of the race gets this sect automatically"

10 months ago

Well, lemme see if I can't create a subrace to accompany the second order.

Two orders : The Wyvernspawn, and the Sunseekers.

10 months ago

Okay, so what is a subrace exactly? 

10 months ago

a sect i believe like Christian - Pentecostal - Baptist - Luthern - etc. think of i that way

10 months ago

He was asking for subrace.  XD

Also, Christian is a huge umbrella term.  It's more like...

Catholic is one massive chunk.  Then you have Protestants.  Then you divide Protestants up into thousands of denominations.  And then there's also the unorthodox, or something like that (my memory sucks right after waking up, bear with me), who had split from the catholics in the byzantine era...

10 months ago

i was just saying those are religious sects within the same religion

10 months ago

Okay. c:

10 months ago

Homo sapien is the human race.

Sub-race would be africans, asians, caucasians, and so forth.

Elves have drow, dark elves, wood elves, high elves, and so forth.

Dwarves don't exactly have a subrace, since the conditions they live in remains consistent [underground, away from light, working with a lot of fire, etc.].  You could make one though.

Hobbits are a bit tricky.  In addition to Tolkien's Shire, Tolkien also had lore on another settlement of hobbits long gone and dead.  Those other hobbits were (if memory serves me) less hairy, I THINK a tad bit shorter.

Dragons...is just the type of dragon.  However, wyverns, drakes, serpents, and other off-shoots are NOT dragons.  It simply wouldn't make sense.  Possibly within the same...order or genus, but they shouldn't be the same species.

For my own race, the Frigus, I'm making a little coup de tat for Vedrisca.  The subrace of Frigus will be the mainstream, banal kind, while Vedrisca's variant are rarer.

10 months ago

That's completely true, but don't forget that a subrace can actually be the exact same race as the one originally made but just behaves differently. An example the rules used was "human pirates". The way it can work is, say, Cool's race of seed-people is inherently good, right? Well, some of these wanted to use their knowledge to advance their own personal gain instead of chronicling it, so they start using their martial knowledge to raid villages and they take the techs by force. This would be done by creating a subrace that lives elsewhere and has a negative alignment.

One way we did it at Ugi's house was by combining the two. One guy had a race of evil elves, and he had a subrace branch off and live in the mountains that are completely coated with fog. That way he made them blind as well. Of course you could have made them blind with the power anyway, that was just an example.

10 months ago

2d6=2 (nasty roll but all I needed thankfully. ^_^) +3+1=6 

Formed in H18 (but they will move to H17, and beyond)

Shiqour laughs, amused, as he raises his cane over the forests, and, lightly tapping some of the trees, causes creatures to pop out of the trees. 

They are the Etzim

Spawned from trees, they are  tall and their skin is similar to that of bark. Their hair are quite literally leaves,  and have the ability to connect themselves to the ground, using roots grown from their feet. They require no food, never sleep, and age like trees. They are created the same way trees are, starting as seeds in their parent's leaves, and are planted to grow. 

They are generally tall, with the average height being 6'5", though their girth depends on their occupations. 

While being born of trees, they are not found of living in forests, mostly due to the fact that competing with trees for nutrition from the ground and sunlight is a rather difficult task. As such, they tend to inhabite grasslands, where they have no problem competing for nutrition. 

While they do not require food to survive, their bodies are human like enough to wish for good foods and drinks, and for simple pleasantries that make living more enjoyable. As such, they are very likely to begin researching how to produce wine, and advance their technology to make life easier.

10 months ago

Next turn?

10 months ago

I'll skip my turn if you guys want to move on. I have allot to take care of.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4104687/

10 + 8 = 18

10 months ago

Round Ten!

Sorry for the lack of map update, I'm having some technical issues and I'm borrowing my housemate's computer right now. Please refer to other folks' posts if you need to know where a particular race is.

10 months ago
Link
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4105009/

11 points total 3,3 +3+2 Nexus Commanded his great people to begin construction of a vast underground city for he knew they would grow and expand and need shelter and comforts

order race to build city -4 points11-4=7

He then spoke to his people about the ways of masonry for a good long while about how to form bricks and support the caves around them as they were tunneling through the earth. This advanced their culture towards being great Masons and they founded the worlds first order of Masons, a place in the city where all could come and learn about Masonry and brotherhood and hard work and humility.Their cities are something of great wonder being the fantastic builders they are and their construction times are cut drastically

Advance civilization -5 points

7-5= 2

Turn ended

10 months ago

Meh, no bonus last time.  3 + 1 = 4.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4105039/

4 + 9 = 13

FUUUUU-

Anyhow....

And now, the subrace of the Frigus...are the Solaras.  -4 points.

The Solaras are the polar opposites of the Frigus.  Heat-resistant, savage, war-loving bastards imported straight from the gates of hell itself.  They retain the same physical appearance, save for their fiery hair colors.  They live on F1, the tropical island.  They have a shorter lifespan, but their indulgence in lust and sinful acts have, paradoxically, allowed their survival.

However, their beliefs are different.  They believe that there is a (nonexistent) sun god, and they will zealously murder and fight for the false one.  That is why they are called the Sunseekers; they seek the power of the sun...

The Frigus and the Solaras are at an uneasy stalemate with each other since their schism, and war is likely to break out.  Wher it would be decided however, will be written down...

...about now.

-7 points.  2 left.

A contingent of Sunseekers had suddenly attacked a few of the Frigus tribes without warning, and their swift ambushes was rewarded with wiping out at least half of the Frigus instantly.  From there, the Frigus were pursued out of G1, and chased continuously all the way to the mountains.  There, the Solaras found it too cold to continue on, and they gave up the chase.  However, the Frigus had lost control over their own homeland, G1, and are too afraid to come back.  So, they reside in the mountains, adapting to the harsh conditions.  A little more history, and the Modern Frigus would be created.

10 months ago

NOO BRING BACK DOC HOLIDAY THIS VERY INSTANT!!!!

in response to ugi

10 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4105162/

Lexi travels to the island on G13 gathers the spirit from the forest, sea, and ground to create the elves. This is a graceful race which is finely tuned to nature and everything about it. They are strictly vegetarian and prefer to live in the trees. They are good cross bow and swords men. Eventually they will create the crossbow. 

The Pegasus turns to Lexi "What shall I do?" Lexi has the Pegasus create weaker versions of herself to create the race of Pegasus. These horses are very intelligent and highly magical. They have the ability to "weave" the plants of the forest to do what they like. In a few hundred years they will have the whole forest at C11 as a chain of tree houses. 

10 months ago

Hello... Morgan

10 months ago

4 + 18 = 22

Creating three races.

In a state of sadness, but a desire for joy, Ragzoroth moved his hands to create, create something greater than the land, something to rule it and protect it.

1: Will be on B8

From the breath of Ragzoroth whisks the Sairin

The Sairin are a race of winged humanoids. Their slender tall bodies are enticingly beautiful, but their wings are more stunning still. Their skin tone ranges from a subtle yellow, to a warm orange. Continued sun exposure tends to darken their skin, allowing only a trace of their typical color to show through. Their large feathered wings grow from their back, serving as a means of natural clothing. Wing patterns are usually symmetric dashes of black and white, with occasional speckles of gray. The eyes of a Sairin are keen, and typically are gold or yellow in color, but may also be orange or pink. Males tend to stand between 6' 2" and 6' 6" while females tend to be between 6' 0" and 6' 3." Sairin are especially lightweight due to their slender frames and lightweight skeletons, though their wings are comparatively heavy when considering the rest of their bodies. Life spans vary, many will die before reaching 100, while others will live for hundreds of years. The average lifespan is somewhere in the range of 150.

The Sairin are extremely individualistic, so much so they are hardly able to build a society. A huge majority are loners, nearly all avoid long term relationships for the duration of their long lives. They do not hesitate to sleep around, even with other races. Slow to trust and quick to change their minds, the Sairin are unreliable allies. That said, they are not known for anger or cruelty and are generally good nature to travelers. There is nothing more blessed to a lost traveler, then the sight of a Sairin in the sky. Sairin tend to ride good impulses till the whim leaves them. 

2: Will be around F1

From the mind of Ragzoroth springs The Kyril

The Kyril are a humanoid race with a pale silver skin tone and extremely light blue eyes. They have no body hair. They are biologically designed for vegetarianism, a diet which is amply supplied for by The Fruit of the Storm, or Strom, as well as other vegetation. The Kyril are otherwise extremely human like in appearance, with a strong framed, but not proportionately thick body. Both male and female stand at ten linets, 5' 10". The Kyril are shockingly similar in appearance, infact, most often they cannot tell each other apart by looks, voice, gestures, or anything of the like.  As a culture they are exceedingly team oriented and greatly resistant to anything they view as off-balance.  Their lifespan works like clockwork, each Kyrilian having 1000 lunar cycles of life, or roughly 80.85 years to live. The Kyril take a systematic approach to reproduction, and as such, keep their population in check just as they please.

The Kyril are resistant to heat and nearly never subject to disease. They are generally able to ignore unaccommodating weather and adjust to unfamiliar terrain well. The Kyril scar badly from physical injury but recover with incredible efficiency, though the physical difference seems to alienate them from the others to some extent.  

3: Will be in the 7 Peeks of the Sea.

From ragzoroth's tear swam into being the Eshra.

A soft skinned humanoid race. They have short torso's with long arms and legs. Their Thick Necks are also long, a foot and a half on average. Their heads are very nearly the same as an eels, only much larger, perhaps proportionately large for their body. They have two rows of serrated teeth and eat a diet of fish. They are fiercely loyal to their king but manage personal pursuits simultaneously remarkably well. Despite their soft bodies, the Eshra are difficult to kill and can limp on through injuries that might prove instantly fatal to members of other races. The Eshra do not have a kind disposition to outsiders but once their friendship is one, it is not easily lost, and strongly defended. An Eshren lives to roughly 30 years of age before passing, but they spawn quickly, it is only their survival of the fittest attitude that keeps the population in check.

I'm down to 11 points.

Command race, Kyril make a city where the ocean and the lake are closest. Call it Kynaul

Command race, Eshra make a city in the seven peaks of the sea, call it Seven Peaks.

I'm down to 3 points.

10 months ago

2d6=5+2=7

Shiqour smiles, at his creation, but realizes that they must have a leader to guide them. 

"My children, I bless you with a blessed one." He says simply, forming a being out of the ground. He is a creature far different from the Etzim, looking more human in features then Etzim. He is brown, being an avatar from dirt, and his body seems to be much more fragile then humans, with the dirt particles seemingly unconnected, but he has a larger amount of dirt on the upper lip, symbolizing a mustache. 

"You are Ezov"'

9 months ago

Round Eleven!

Sorry for the lack of map update, I should be able to do one by the end of this round.

9 months ago

+2 bonus (forgot to mention that last round) + 2 = 4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4106968/ = 9

4 + 9 = 13

As time passed, the Wyvernspawn learned how to survive on the mountains, and they prepared for war against the Sunseekers.  Although they were only a quarter of their enemy's population, what they would make to fight them would be revolutionary for both sides...

[ADVANCE CIVILIZATION x2 : -10 points.]

Specifics :

Use of Cannons.  Led by Vedrisca's personal efforts, the Frigus have developed a specialized weapon dedicating the to the demolishment of buildings, and the obliteration of the opposing Sunseekers.  These cannons are comparable in size to Earth's Javelin missile, but are many times lighter and durable due to the metal they were made out of.  The cannon rounds are usually smoothed-down stones shaped in a round cone, but Vedrisca's rounds are special : he applied his own fire-breathing into the round, causing them to explode upon contact.

While the Frigus, due to their teachings, never reconquer their lost lands, they managed to strike fear into the hearts of the Sunseekers, who then backed off from any advancements.

Additionally, they built structures made to withstand the harsh mountain climates, as well as enduring their own cannon-fire.  In the case the Sunseekers would steal this technology, the Wyvernspawn's defenses would remain superior.

9 months ago

2d6+7=16

Doing nothing this round

9 months ago
Link
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4107438/

8 points total

Nexus looked at his people and saw they were advancing nicely but lacked a certain aspect of leadership. He decided to create a being who would live in their society as a guiding light for them. Thus Nexxxi was born. Nexxxi would lead the people and organize their lives. This created flow and order in their world.

Created Avatar, Nexxxi Ruler of the Naximu, Herald by all as the Daughter of the God Nexus and followed by all Naximu without question.

8-5=3Turn ended

9 months ago

2d6=11+3=14

Shiqour smiles at his creations, before chuckling. 

"What good is a tree if it bears no fruit?" He asks himself, as he sprinkles dust over the Etzim. As soon as the dust lands, the Etzim start to bear fruit, all forming grape vines on their bodies. The grapes seem somewhat sentient, but their flavor is simply scrumptious. (-4, create sub-race) (the grapes have neither arms nor legs, but have access to telepathy. They will cry, moan, and screech (all mentally) at those killing them, causing the Peirot Killers to be rather deranged.)

"You shall be known as Peirot"

Of course, this may impact the races actions in morality, (the question of whether they should dine on fine 'living' wine, or avoid devouring something sentient), but Shiqour does not seem to care. 

He commands his avatar, Ezov, to create a city for his race, on H15. (-2, command avatar)

With much more power to utilize, Shiqour advances his city, into being able to make better wine out of these 'grapes'. (-4)

With his remaining power, Shiqour heads over to the lake he formed in G17, and creates a race of Mermaids and Mermen. (-6). 

9 months ago

XD

9 months ago

Morgan, how far do you want my race to advance projectile weaponry?

Do you want them to go as far as bows and arrows, spears, slings, or what?

9 months ago

I'd say you could have any or all of those. If for flavor's sake you'd rather progress bit by bit, that's cool too, but the rules seem to treat each Advance as a binary.

9 months ago

Quite right. According to the conflict rules, using advance civilization to jump straight into, say, lazer cannons, is just as effective as using slingshots. Technologies are equalized. So yes, flavor is where it's at.

9 months ago

Oh god, the tech I'm making is gonna be ridiculously insane XD

9 months ago

Cool.

9 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4108352/

11 + Leftovers (3) = 14

Create Avatar: A man, tall, muscular, and proportionately thin, with cold eyes. His clothes are of a loose fitting gray cloth. The hair over his upper lip runs thickly down into that of his chin, which together run down nearly to his hips. His arms are a few inches longer than they should be for his height. He spends most of his time with the Kyril, the race most like him in appearance. His name is, and always has been, Animus Harrow. (-7)

Command Avatar: Animus manages to spur the Sairin to make a city, called Roost. It will have few long term inhabitants, but it will populated by a steady stream of passerbys. Most lasting establishments will be shops, and entertainment centers. (-1)

Advance Civilization: The Kyril develop the most impressive architectural talents in the known world. No matter what the building materials and no matter what the task, they will find a way to do it. They don't beautify anything, they make it work. Bridges, storm resilient housing, it doesn't matter. Given an indefinite amount of time, and the right supplies, and they could build anything. (-5)

1 point remains.

9 months ago

Round Twelve!

With a map update, even!

Please let me know if I missed anything!

9 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4109427/ = 8 points.

+2 bonus + 3 leftover points = 5 points.

5 + 8 = 13 points.

The Wyvern swoops down to Vedrisca, and speaks into his ear for a period of time unknown.  Vedrisca then opens his mouth, and the Wyvern taps his tongue with a claw.

And speech was born.

[ADVANCE CIVILIZATION - 5 points.]

Through Vedrisca, the Wyvernspawn Frigus have unlocked the ability of speech, and the whole society learned within the month a complicated language.  It sounds familiar to French and English spilt together with a bit of Japanese, resulting in a dialect of suave words.  It's about as complex as contemporary English.

By creating a language, a permanent settlement for the Frigus is now established : Cryathemus.

The Solaras, however, have yet to learn how to speak.

[8 points left].

Something inside the Wyvern stirs, and from its bosom, springs a fiery girl of the sun and sky.

She, a renegade Avatar, proclaimed herself as Queen of the Sunseekers.  The Sunseeker Solaras call her : Matramit.

"The Bright Mother."

She possesses the same hair, complexion, height, and weight as Vedrisca, but her eyes are a defiant amber instead of the cool silver-blue.  Additionally, she is clad in the robes of fire, and she is many times more versed in magic than technology.

[Create Avatar.  1 point left.]

9 months ago

So ummm... as for my elves. I meant to put them in B13 not G13

9 months ago

Okay, I'll move 'em next update. :)

9 months ago
Link
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4109890/

18 total points Nexus used command city to raise an army of Stone golems to defend against any attackers. He then commanded the city to build a massive stone Statue in his tribute (create wonder). He then advanced their metal working abilities a great deal and hurled their technology forward by 2 generations

18-16 =2 Command city to build army -4 command city to create wonder (statue) -4 advanced city x2 (metalworking weapons advanced as well swords etc.) -8

Turn ended

9 months ago

Okay, so it's technically been 24 hours, but with only two people posting, I'm going to extend the deadline on this round.

9 months ago

Ooh, forgot to make a post. Sorry. :P 

9 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4111232/

Leftovers (1)
Current point pool: (10)

Advance Race: The Sairin develop the most efficient archery in the world.

Advance Race: The Eshran develop the most effective pole arms in the world. (Spears, halberds, etc.)

0 points remain.

9 months ago
2d6+16=20 Still not doing anything

9 months ago

Are you going to make "staple" races, like cows and pigs?  Or are all races going to have to be created manually?

9 months ago

In the DoW game I'm in off-site, the GM ruled that 'ordinary' species of plants and animals could be created for free, while if you want something with magic or other special properties, that costs 1 point. If folks think that's reasonable, I'll go with that -- which means you'll get a refund on your mammoths, Swift. ;)

9 months ago

Well,  we aren't exactly in an Ice Age, so I'd consider that a unique species.

9 months ago

2d6=4+3=7

Shiqour smiles at his new creations, after all, they are the greatest gift to the world as of yet. (in his opinion of course). However, it is not enough. All locations should be able to have the fine wine his race can create, and to do so means his creatures must be able to spread. 

Which first means that his creations need to differ for all climates. 

Picking up a couple Etzim, Shiqour drops them ontop of the snowy mountains, but not without making them susceptible to heat, and require less nutrition then the regular Etzim. They will be called the Frost Etz, and their wine is of a much different taste. (-4 create subtrace)

He then orders his avatar, Ezov, to form a city for the Frost Etz. (-1 command avatar) 

Left over=2

9 months ago

Bupdate? Bump/update?

9 months ago

Round Thirteen!

With a list of races!

No map update this round.

9 months ago

2d6=7+3=10

While Shiqour is laughing at the Peirot being devoured, Ezov seems saddened. He looks up to the heavens, and seeing that Shiqour is ignoring him, heads over to E11, and looks over the dirt there. 

"I require brethren." He says, shaking his head, as he lifts the dirt and forms more of his kind, earth elementals. Obviously inferior to the avatar, but not inferior to other races, they are creatures of good soil, and are fewer in numbers due to their immense strength. Capable of controlling the earth, slightly, they are known as Earth Elementals. 

Shiqour sees these elementals, and smiles. (-1 Command Avatar)

"They can be put to good use." He says, as he advances his race with boats and ships, and commands them to send groups to populate E11. (-8)

Remainder=1

9 months ago

Morgan, you got the race wrong. The Peirot are a subrace for the Etzim, they are just grown on the Etzim. All Etzim (including the frost ones) can make Peirot.

9 months ago

Whoops, sorry. I'll edit. XD

9 months ago

No problem, it's an odd idea anyways. :P 

9 months ago

awesome update that helps a lot :)

2d6+3+2=14

Nexxxi decided to order her people with the power of Nexus to branch out from the city and move to the south after eating the vegetation in this area (being so close to the volcanic region and tainted by foreign chemicals) these Naximu began to evolve.

Create subrace, Nexxxims. e8.  They maintain the base traits of their people but have 4 arms and almost boulder like growths on their backs which can store vast amounts of nutrients. they forage more and hibernate from the winter solstice till the summer solstice. . They have lived near the geyser springs for so long that they have developed more heat resistance but now are susceptible to cold damage. They also have thinner skin (still tough but not as thick like leathery human skin) because of the natural heat of the geysers in the area

14-4 = 10

Nexus was pleased with the evolution of his people and decided to create an order within the Naximu that would devote their lively hood to Life and understanding of it in all forms. Thus Monks of Nex were established.

The Monks of Nex are a religious/scientific sect that cherish life and uphold holy values. They worship Nexus and the life he has given them. Their order is of the most intelligent of all the Naximu/Nexxxims and they seek out truth in their world through science and understanding. They shun War and violence and anything that destroys Life in anyway including diseases (Including for other races and animals etc.)

Create order 10-6=4

The Monks then purified the people of any Ill will leaving their army for defensive purposes only

City align good +1

4-3=1 

Turn ended

9 months ago

1 point leftover.  +3 bonus.  4 points.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4112161/ + 11 points.

15 points total.

Notes : Frigus also made advances in building stone structures resistant to cannon-fire.  They've established a city, Cryathemus, on F4, the tallest peak.  Add those in next round?

The Wyvern swoops down from the skies above, and lands at Cryathemus.  It consults with Vedrisca for several days, and leaves to go to the Solaras.

Meanwhile, Vedrisca gets to work on his city-state...

Advance Frigus Civilization 2x -10 pts. :

Mountain Agriculture - Wheat is cultivated in the high peaks of the mountains, providing food for the Frigus.  Farmers are equivalent to aristocrats and nobles.  Many types of pastries and bread are created from the wheat, making the Frigus among the most advanced in culinary arts for its time.

Alchemy - The Frigus have additionally gained the knowledge of alchemizing items, and thus gain access to resources that were previously thought to be impossible to create.  The Frigus, by adding coal to their ore, can produce high-quality steels without the use of a furnace.  Of course, this is only an example of what they can do, but the process is revolutionary.  Dusty, worthless dirt can be converted into mortar to hold together the massive stone buildings throughout Cryathemus, and extra materials, such as mammoth fur, rabbit pelts, and the like can be transmuted into extra meat, provided that there is a base product to convert into.

Advance Solara Civilization - 5 pts. :

Shipbuilding - The Solaras, with their trees, are able to cut down lumber and build kayaks, knarrs, and even galleons.  With their much more fertile land, they scavenged all kinds of plants to weave into cloths, and so began their first water expeditions...

0 points left.

9 months ago

Can you implement the "Notes" next turn?  I did say it explicitly in the past turn, I think you might've skipped it on accident.

9 months ago

Hello?

9 months ago

*points at 'stoneworks' and 'city' under Frigus* Like that? :P

9 months ago

Sure?  :P

9 months ago

OOC: Don't forget the Kyril's architectural advancement. I hope I supplied enough information about my races.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4113113/

8 points

Advance Race: The Kyril become cunning strategists.

3 points remain.

9 months ago

I'm surprised the Weaver hasn't done much XD

9 months ago

whens the update for next turn?

9 months ago

When Lexi enters her actions.  And Morgan's Weaver.

9 months ago

gotcha thanks! :)

9 months ago

Technically it's supposed to be every 24hours, regardless of who has taken their turn. That said Morgan has updated with remarkable frequency.

9 months ago

Oh I wasn't being pissy, I just didn't know when the next turn started lol. Morgan has done great in my book.

9 months ago

Why being so defensive about this? XD

9 months ago

Oh I just didnt want anyone thinking I was being Impatient. Cuz I wasnt I didnt know if I had missed it or what. thats all :)

9 months ago

Round Thirteen!

Please also post: Do you wish to advance to the Third Age?

9 months ago

2d6=8+3+1=12

Shiqour, spreading his race over the worlds, orders his avatar to make a city in E11, a city built with the might of the earth and the power of trees. (-1)

Shiqour, gladdened by the races, lays his hands over the city, causing an event (-10). The city shall be a holy city, allowing those who drink there to be rejuvenated. (Alcohol heals in that city)

9 months ago

Roll for Morgan's DoW round 13 (2d6+3+1=16)

I think we still have unfinished business here. I know i would like to take advantage of a couple of the actions costing less this round. But I will try to get everything knocked out this round in case we all decide to move on. So 50/50 from me :) lol

Nexus then imparted more knowledge of Metallurgy unto his people. *advance civilization* making them the best Smiths in the world.

Advance Civ 16-5=11 Powder smiths (gunsmiths etc.) The Naximu become the best gunsmiths combined with the best metalworkers in the world. Their expert knowledge of blast powders used to create their underground cities has been transferred over to fire arms and war explosives. In combination with their expert metalworks (see below this post) their firearms and melee weapons are the envy of the entire world. Every race looking to defend themselves will come see the Naximu for their Weaponry

Advance Civ. 11-5=6 The Naximu become the most skilled expert Metal workers in the world. Unrivaled in every way their weapons are the envy of the world. Their Melee and ranged weapons are the most advanced (and will be the most advanced through generations) in the world. And their steel is legendary as it is forged in the depths of the world itself. Their blast powders are pure and provide superior range and power.

Purify city x2 -6 points (overall city align is +3) The Naximu are upholders of justice and will provide the rest of the world with a means to defend themselves from evil.

(By the way city the naximu live in is Called Raximon I never told you that morgan, I just realized it wasn';t named on the map. The Nexxxims don't have a city they are more foragers and nomads)

9 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4114423/ = 6 pts + 3 bonus pts. = 9

The Wyvern lands in Solara territory, and glares at Matramit expectantly.  She shouts and curses at him, and he guffaws.

The Wyvern speaks into her ear for many a day, and she learns magic.  The Solara can now use sources of plasma of all kinds, whether it'd be simple light, or a burning fire.  A very small population of the Solara can use lightning, and Matramit is among this special group.

[to be edited]

9 months ago

Yo Swift, wanna explain this:

http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?roll=&name=The+Wyvern&player=&campaign=&latest=

?

9 months ago

Wut?  O.o

9 months ago

Oh, yeah...that was on my iPad.  A glitch occurred, and I couldn't view my rolls on there O.o.  I had to switch to the laptop after that.

Do you want me to use the first one then? (A roll of 3?)

9 months ago

........ Yes. 

9 months ago

^^This

9 months ago

OOC: Don't forget the Kyril's Architecture advancement.

9 months ago

BTW this is round 14 (you used round 13 twice smiley) lol

9 months ago

I was so confused. I thought you were talking to me. Ya, Morgan did lose track of which round it was, but so did everyone else it seems.

9 months ago

OOC: Just read everyone else's post, and I laughed like crazy.  "These people are the best in the world at this thing."

Frigus built explosive-resistant structures.  And cannons of all kinds [Artillery man, artillery!].  And they have a language.  And...

Honestly, my alchemy concept is OP as heck XD.  Frigus just needs ONE piece of whatever tech you guys have, and they steal it.

So I'm just thinking...should I add a flaw to my alchemy tech?

9 months ago

All advancements are inherently equal mechanically. No matter how much you talk them up, they are equivalent for all purposes. I could make my people build space ships, but that wouldn't make them better. It's out of a desire to keep the world fun, thematically balanced, and flavorful that we choose our advancements with care.

9 months ago

Round Fourteen Fifteen!

Please also post: Do you wish to advance to the Third Age?

9 months ago

yes I am ready to move on

round 15 (2d6+3=11)

Nexxxi instructed  the Naximu to create great fortifications that ran from the chasm to the mighty natural rock arch (along the border of c9-d9) So that there was only one way in and one way out for invaders or travelers wishing to seek their company. This greatly protected her People from outside threats and unwanted visitors.

Command city -4 11-4=7 (Constructed great stone barriers that lead from the deep chasm to the rock arch c9-d9 which is only accessible from the canyon in the desert of c9) *not sure if this is command city or race some of these rules im still a little fuzzy on but I think I did it right either way same point cost*

Nexus then caused an event to occur that would forever change history. A great storm began to brew in g12 that swallowed up the cost line with his might he hurled the chaos forward north (to d12) this storm would rage for many years and destroy any ill aligned beings in that area. 

Event 7-7=0 This event will last for 4 turns (starting in g12 ending in d12 moving 1 square per turn) and no progress can be made on the land/sea/or cities in that area and will be remembered for ages to come from any civilization that is in that area. will damage any Negative aligned peoples in that area. (was bored didnt know what else to do this sounded cool lol)

0 points remaining turn ended

WILL EDIT this morgan if this is not how an event is suppose to occur. Again fuzzy on the rules (and it only damages negatively aligned races)

9 months ago

+3 bonus + http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4118686/ (5 roll) = 8 points. + 4 leftover points.

[ADVANCE CIVILIZATION] -5 points.  The Frigus have, for a while, noticed particular absurdities in their bodies for quite a while.  On the top of their spine, there appears to be a little nub of flesh, and an organ that appears to do nothing.  However, the Frigus soon realize that, as they occasionally ventured downhill, into Solari territory, the organ activates, and they breathe in air of the same quality as back on the mountains.  For a few of the Frigus, they have these sacs removed by alchemy, but a couple of them recreate them.  The result is a device that could change the air quality of an area.  However, this would only be the first of many terra-forming changes they have, and, within a few years, a sub-branch of alchemy becomes standardized as "terra-form transmutation".  As it is in its early stages, only the climate can be changed for now...

The Frigus can now shape the climate to whatever they want via "aero-forming".

Meanwhile, the Solari develop their own language, which, while it is less advanced than the Frigus, is also in a written form.  Japanese people could probably understand it as easily as their own language.

No, I would like to remain here for a bit.  Our civilizations are way too simple, and remember that not many had created culinary arts, politics, and such advancements.  If we were to get into relations with each other and gods, we're bound to end up with conflicting races all over the place.

9 months ago

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4120576

4+3+1=8 

Shiqour smiles, grabbing at some more Etzim, and blows hot air on them, causing them to be of much more dry and dead looking. These are the Firey tree folk, their bodies eternally on fire. The Flame  Etz, a race of (-4 alignments making them -2) cruel creatures, taking pleasure in harming the travelers in their areas. They are located around C7 C8 C9, though their life spans are shorter then normal Etzim, and do not gather in groups.

yes, id like to move on.

leftover: 0

9 months ago

I hardly have time for EF7. I'm sorry but If this continues, I'll be missing most of my turns.

9 months ago

Aeron, shouldn't you be considering your OWN race's advancements?  It's a kinda small amount to choose from, and there's also the lack of getting food and resources for your people [besides mining].

9 months ago

....What are you talking about swift?

9 months ago

Do Naximu even eat or have an abundant way to sustain themselves?  Besides manufacturing, can they produce raw materials for exports?

9 months ago

You aren't answering my question.  ROOOOOOOAR

9 months ago

Yes they live underground and are miners (coal metals gems rocks concrete stone masonry and pottery type stuff etc.) They eat mostly cave fungus (mushrooms roots moss etc.) and they have an underground river that is fed from up above (read my waterfall description) and has fish and the such, they also do go above ground (most recent advancement when I made walls that lead to the rock arch)

They don't need much else bud....

9 months ago

there would be fish and the like in the river they could farm some kind of underground plant (they do have a hole (a rather large one at that) where the waterfall comes down and where their walls lead to the arch but they dont need it))

9 months ago

also bumpdate?

6 months ago

After looking back at this,  I feel ashamed for acting so haughtily.  D: