Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: See comments

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

I was just wondering, that while there already is an option showing all the pages, and how many in and out links there are, if there could possibly be an option displaying a 'map' of your story, wherein it would display boxes, with the title of the page, and weather-man style arrows pointing back and forth to and from the pages that they are linked to. I realize this would be a lot of work, but not having to literally draw out a map of the story in the same fashion dead Russians and con men write theirs, could quite effectively help visually-oriented people like me to more effectively determine how well they're branching and how linear or non-linear their story is. This would probably be a lot of data for the site to handle though, especially with massive interwoven games like Eternal, so then again, it could be, (and probably should be) an option.

EDIT: Fuck, already rejected, though I really had the classic editor in mind when writing this. Move along....

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

It doesn't say it's rejected? anyway I think that'd be really cool, maybe you could use it as a completionist map of sorts? when you simply need to read every word in Eternal us a map to see every page? or just for the writers as suggested =P

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

It's been suggested and given the bird before. I'll just draw it out nex'time. Alexp is not the almighty billion-line code god that this update would require.

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

This hasn't been rejected. You can see all rejected posts here: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well?show=Rejected

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

What I was suggesting was rather similar to http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/8432, and a different post regarding the advanced editor. I doubt the changes I did have, if any, would make any difference.

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago
Yes! This is perfect! It's exactly like my idea only better in every way! I support this!

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago

Really? I don't think mine is too much different than ay other "story map" request. What was yours exactly?

Tangible path trees.

10 years ago
Oh, mine was just showing which pages link to other pages, rather than a whole map.