Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Greatest country's in the world..power/culture... What do you think will happen if Russia and China declare war????????

End of days?  Does America need Britain as an Ally?

USA & UK

10 years ago

I doubt Russia will since they have no reason to anymore and China gains to much from us to have a reason to declare war.

If war did happen we would win only to collapse shortly after. lol

USA & UK

10 years ago

The main impact of the war would not be militaristic (America spends more on their military than the next ten nations combined, there's a reason we're the major force in every modern war), but rather economic. If the world's largest superpowers declared war on each other, and spent so much money  on munitions, then the global economy would completely tank. 

Not only that, but fighting that would occur in each country's imperialistic satelite nations (it happens, it's just not as publicized as it used to be) would tear down the economy of all of those regions as well. The bombings, assassinations, loss of men from the workforce to serve as soldiers, the lack of industrial power due to said bombings, etc. would be what causes the collapse of society as we know it simply because the economy would collapse.

No economy, no money circulation. No money circulation, no taxation. No taxation, no government.

USA & UK

10 years ago

No goverment, no nukes? Well let loose the dogs of war! ^.^

USA & UK

10 years ago

Actually, no government, no protection of nukes. Huge difference.

USA & UK

10 years ago

I like the way you think.. Smart guy

USA & UK

10 years ago

I don't think China or Russia would declare war on us or we declare war on them. The most likely right now would be a good portion of the Middle East, and Britain is already a ally they are fighting along with us in Afghanistan. Britain is one of the US's closest allies.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Russia wouldn't, neither would China.

However, if they did, then America, Britain, China, Russia and Canada (Because of course we're going to join in) are all going to be fucked.

War isn't profitable when you're not fighting a small country with no nuclear technology and rather pathetic military.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Or not selling weapons to your allies in the wars and not getting directly involved.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Yeh we would be fuked! In this day and age a superpower won't simply fall or be invaded and subdued they would just launch a nuke and then the opposition would launch there's and the whole world would be on fire.. Radiation poisoning would affect future generations on a massive scale! Things like this is how the x men are formed haha

USA & UK

10 years ago

Nukes are one of Mans greatest mistakes.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Also the reason why we may have unlimited energy. (Nuclear energy)

USA & UK

10 years ago

True great example of good coming from bad, but I still think it is stupid that the world has enough nukes to wipe humanity from the face of the earth many times over.

USA & UK

10 years ago

American needs UK as an ally, not for war (europe isn't really the mighty world of warfare), but as a means for trade. :P

USA & UK

10 years ago

Are you suggesting Europe does not possess powerful militaries?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Not enough that would make a difference in a nuclear war. :P 

USA & UK

10 years ago

I dissagree Europe is the worlds most powerful continent.. Britain,, france(who have one of the top military's  in the world), Germany and then many others including turkey, Spain and Italy,, for all history Europe has dominated warfare and I think that's still the case it's just the E.U has brought peace to the region

USA & UK

10 years ago

Germany... Yeah, to the point that there are american military bases there.

And the rest- http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=France

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-Kingdom

Neither compare to this-

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America

USA & UK

10 years ago

We're talkin about a continent not country

USA & UK

10 years ago

Add Britain's military, Italy, Germany, and France's, and it still doesn't compare :P

USA & UK

10 years ago

Eh, history doesn't matter much when talking about modern day capabilities. But:

http://www.atlantic-community.org/-/the-sorry-state-of-european-military-strength?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlantic-community.org%2Fhome%3Fp_p_id%3D101_INSTANCE_Gwvqd2xBvtVQ%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Daf-column-3-2%26p_p_col_pos%3D1%26p_p_col_count%3D2

USA & UK

10 years ago

Seriously? U rely on a website to tell you the most powerful country's.. No website truely noes

USA & UK

10 years ago

Then how do you know? From your commentator who doesn't know facts about the war of 1812? :P Srsry? XD 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Lol well played :), but a said, the commentator never said that all the commentator said was that America do not celebrate remembrance day with us, I admit America is the most powerful country in the world and despite what you may think British people aren't anti American.. We love America the primeminister is always speakin of how great of a country they are and always agree with Obama on any subject we need America to retain are status as a great country.. We're a small island and with today's weapons we could be wiped out with one bomb.. I'm jus saying as a continent.. North America isn't as powerful as Europe.. In my opinion 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Nothing was played :P

And that grammar is atrocious...

USA & UK

10 years ago

The grammar is my accent..

USA & UK

10 years ago

^_^

We here in CYS are racist against -insert accent here- typing, xD 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Nope, that was your grammar. Fairly bad punctuation, and a few typos. 

USA & UK

10 years ago

It doesn't matter it's irrelevant.. 

USA & UK

10 years ago

OH! I get it now, you type fast don't you?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Hehehehe...

USA & UK

10 years ago

What accent is that? Zuluian?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Well spoken.. please answer this. America created the Nuke first so how did the other countries get it.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Sadly, two communist Jews gave it to Russia during ww2...

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/Spies-Who-Spilled-Atomic-Bomb-Secrets.html?device=ipad

USA & UK

10 years ago

Sadly? More like thankfully, had the U.S been the only country in the world with access to nuclear power, then not only would we all be living under the rule of our U.S overlords, chances are that Russia would have been completely destroyed, along with many other countries.

USA & UK

10 years ago

More talking about the fact that Jews were the ones that were spying...

USA & UK

10 years ago

America most likely sold them.. Regardless it would of only been a matter of time before other country's scientists figured it out.. Your best scientists were German after all

USA & UK

10 years ago

Opinion<Facts. 

Not that I claim the website is fool proof. It may not be factual evident. But from researching the topic, europe is behind many countries. (note that I'm not counting Russia in the equation, which may be a mistake)

USA & UK

10 years ago

Russia is located in Asia, not Europe.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Alright, so I'm right in thinking that. 

Asia would probably be the bees knees with millitary strength then. :p

USA & UK

10 years ago

I think it's Europe

USA & UK

10 years ago

You think wrong :P

USA & UK

10 years ago

Well...

I mean, United states is the most powerful country in the world, and is located in north america. Canada is Placed at 19th, and is also in north america.

Mexico is 21rst place.

This would disqualify North America simply because it's only three countries do not have a high enough rank to compete with the other, more numerous and higher located level countries.

Asia possesses Russia, China, India, the 2 Koreas (Which are somehow located on this list), Japan, afganisthan, United Arab emirates, and really just a host of the countries on this list.

HOWEVER, most of the Asian countries have lower rankings on this list, with a notable few such as Russia, South Korea, India, and China taking the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, and 9nth places.

Whereas Europe has a larger amount of countries in higher positions than Asia does, with the notable mentions being France, Britain, Germany, Italy

Damn, my geography is way off. Asia really just has a lot of countries. Yeah, no, Asia wins, having dominated most of the list and taking most of the higher level spots.

In ranking of power, it would go Asia>Europe>North America (And then all those other silly continents no one gives a crap about)

USA & UK

10 years ago

Which is 3rd and 4th?

USA & UK

10 years ago

I dunno, The US has stations all over the world (In Germany, South Korea, pretty sure in Japan and others too). 

I imagine it to be- Asia>North America>Europe>Antarctica or whatever else.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Having Army bases spread out all over the world doesn't mean much. And by much I mean at all. Like, seriously, won't make any sort of difference. If a country wants the U.S Military base gone, there are these handy things called bombs that are very skilled at just straight up annihalating shit.

Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that U.S is a powerful country, the most powerful one in fact. But if you take a lot of other countries, that are only a small bit less powerful than U.S, and you pit the U.S vs those countries, U.S is going to lose.

USA & UK

10 years ago

I 100% agree

USA & UK

10 years ago

Of course,US alone, duh. US plus Canada and Mexico stands quite a chance. Using my earlier sources (which I'm not a fan of since I don't see a sources button on the site)-

Europe-

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Germany

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=France

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Italy

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-Kingdom

Plus whatever little countries there are, still don't win against all of these combined (I think, haven't don actual math haha)-

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Canada

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Mexico

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America

USA & UK

10 years ago

Math solves ALL the problems!

This is Britain, France, and Germany

0.5185+

0.6263+

0.6491+

= 1.7939

This is Canada, Mexico, and U.S

0.2475 +

0.8638 +

0.9144 +

= 2.0257

_________

According to this, US, Mexico, and Canada would lose VS Germany, UK, and France. (Since lower numbers are better)

I picked the three highest so as to make sure the results were not skewed in any way (Three highest for north america, three highest for Europe) but if we count the fact that on top of the already winning combo here, Europe also has Italy and a few other countries to help out (And might I note that Italy is stronger than both Mexico and Canada?), meaning Europe would totally whoop North America's ass in a fight.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Wait, how are lower numbers better? And 3 highest what?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Have you looked at the chart you've provided? 

U.S has a Pwrlndx of 0.2475, making it the lowest (And strongest) on the list. The higher your number, the weaker you are.

USA & UK

10 years ago

I had no idea what the pwrlndx was, I was more looking at the average numbers of Air power etc and land power, where the US had more than France, Britian, and and Italy combined!

USA & UK

10 years ago

What was that saying about the size of something not mattering, just how you handle it?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Don't remember, but what is pwrlndx? (I saw it on the source Aman gave, but I still have no idea what it means...)

USA & UK

10 years ago

Power index, shortened down.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Ah, but anyways. Whoever uses teh Nukes first wins XD

USA & UK

10 years ago

I provided those links, not Tan. :P

USA & UK

10 years ago

So 3 on 3 and Europe still wins, without all the other country's :) 

Britain has got a pretty high ranking

USA & UK

10 years ago

I'm kinda surprised Canada has as high a rating as it does lol.

USA & UK

10 years ago

I always thought of canada as a Super power.

USA & UK

10 years ago

I wonder what it does?

(Screw it, no one will get the joke. Frank2 said Canada was a Super power, and I asked what it does...)

USA & UK

10 years ago

Economically and politically sure, but we're not well known for a strong military (we have the US for that).

USA & UK

10 years ago

We trick the other countries into thinking we are weak

USA & UK

10 years ago

Mexico are useless, Canada's good hard to invade and hold and America obviously, but two nations(and Mexico) isn't enough for all Europe every nation powerful in its own right, the Eastern European country's have the toughest men lol.. Ok I'll admit Asia-Europe-North America then Africa or who ever.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Iran and Israel are powerful country's too 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Both are in Asia...

USA & UK

10 years ago

I know, I was including them in your argument 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Lol the fact that you said he agreed with Obama makes half of America think you're anti-American XD

USA & UK

10 years ago

Except, ya know, we disassembled Germany's military after WWII and they only JUST finished paying back the reparations from it all... (Because, ya know, every German obviously represented Hitler.)

USA & UK

10 years ago

France has the world's third most powerful military, Britain has Britain, and a good deal of European countries have a good deal of nukes...

USA & UK

10 years ago

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

France doesn't look like the third strongest millitary. And again, with nukes, no one really matters. :P

USA & UK

10 years ago

France has the third highest spending on military, which is what I base "France has the third most powerful military in the world" off of.

USA & UK

10 years ago

You spend a bunh of money on something yet still have it be garbage, you know. :P(not that it is garbage. Just not the 3rd most powerful)

USA & UK

10 years ago

Lol :) Britain has Britain 

USA & UK

10 years ago

Your all forgetting the Martian empire you know. :)

USA & UK

10 years ago

"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said.

USA & UK

10 years ago

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_iLPRC88jto&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_iLPRC88jto

USA & UK

10 years ago

. These things are killing me.

But yeah, I got the reference :D

USA & UK

10 years ago

Well, going purely off of who has so far commented on this thread.... Smurf is Killa?

USA & UK

10 years ago

It does match his style of writing.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Similar humor, with what he's been doing so far with you. Also, the bad vocabulary and grammar could be to disguise his own perfect vocabulary and grammar, in order to stop himself from being targeted immediately like that.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Still think I'm a tarquin fan-girl(which I am a man.) Drak? Shame, shame...

USA & UK

10 years ago

Who isn't a Tarquin fan-girl at heart?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Your not helping Tan. lol

USA & UK

10 years ago

Ok I read through all this and all the posted links. For the original question if Russia and China declared war the world would go to hell in a hand basket regardless of allies. In WW3 there will be no winners. "I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!" ~ Albert Einstein.

He is also the man who made the idea of the nuclear bomb possible. He researched a chain reaction and thought the Germans would make the bomb so he encourage FDR to use his research as a way to get a lead on the Germans. However the Germans were beaten before they had developed the bomb and then we dropped it on Japan. Einstein regretted his letter campaign saying, "If I had know Germany would be defeated before they developed the ability, I wouldn't have lifted a finger. 

Still to this day no one has launched nuclear missiles since WW2 and the missiles we have today are 100 times stronger then those of yesterday. I war would destroy the world (Unless the U.S. actually makes the S.T.A.R.W.A.R.S project).

What would start off WW3 is most likely Israeli being attacked in a way we couldn't ignore or NK invading SK. 

USA & UK

10 years ago

The only way I thought of that possible was Arab Spring pouring into the neighboring areas like Africa, Asia (not Orient), and some parts of Europe.  Or yeah, someone jacks the chemical weapons from Syria or produces it, then lets it loose on israel, and then posting blame on some warlord who's agreeing to spark apocalypse.

Even if NK has the largest military forces in the world (not necessarily most powerful, mind you), their tech can be assumed to be outdated since their no-trade laws went up decades ago.  Not to mention the majority of UN would happily glomp (carpet-bomb) the whole damn place and give the land to SK to shut people up, right?

Or am I really, really wrong?  ._.

USA & UK

10 years ago

You are China loves and wants to keep NK around so we can bet they have been helping keep them upto date. 

USA & UK

10 years ago

It's really not hard to develop chemical weapons for a modern nation, they don't necessarily need to to take it from Syria XD

USA & UK

10 years ago

Actually, fuck loads of nuclear bombs were launched after world war 2.

It was called "Nuclear Testing" and was an excellent demonstration of how little people knew about radiation at the time.

USA & UK

10 years ago

... I get really pissed off when people forget about Australia...

USA & UK

10 years ago

Austria has a rather weak military, it's even weaker than North Korea's, I believe. (According to the list of the most powerful militaries in the world).

It's bound to be ignored.

USA & UK

10 years ago

It helped the American and British Navies out in the Pacific, I knew that much. Unfortunately it isn't taught in American schools though, it needs to be.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Russia and China? Well it would go a little like this...

If people had common sense they wouldn't use nuclear weapons until the very last moment when all else fails. I assume that governments would realize that nuclear weaponry are much too powerful to be used in war. Basically they would destroy each other with the bombs before returning to regular warfare. Guns, tanks, helicopters and jets. If the world were to go to world war three I would just like to be one of the countries who watch from the sidelines. Fuck being bombed!

Aftermath of WW3, the apocalypse.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Wow, I just said a load of shit that probably didn't make any sense...

USA & UK

10 years ago

Unfortunately even the countries who watched on the sidelines would be affected economically once the superpowers were attacked :/

USA & UK

10 years ago

Simply if it happens: Bo is right, world economy destroyed for EVERYONE regardless of if they joined in or not. Also UKs main contribution would prob indeed be to join Americas team, provide a small addition to the allied forces with our navy/marines, Then get targeted first as having a small Island nation with reasonable navy (Compared to most of the world not including russia/China and the US) would be strategically important to remove.

After this it just comes down to who is willing to hit the nuke button first and end the human race.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Yeh, Britain would be punished early on. Having a small territory and a lot of people in that territory isn't exactly good when the other country has, you know, bombs.

USA & UK

10 years ago

Right now, there is nothing to be gained from such a war. But with natural gas (with Russia being the biggest exporter) becoming more important and countries like China/India growing into world powers, no one can predict the future. 

And with NATO still around? It is impossible

USA & UK

10 years ago

Is there a country that is wholly independent anymore?

USA & UK

10 years ago

An independent country? What is this madness you speak of?

USA & UK

10 years ago

Something about not trading resources or something. Only crazy primitive cultish villages do it anymore, :p

USA & UK

10 years ago

Do Amish villages count?