Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A Very Unorriginal Question

10 years ago

So, I am kind of but not really back just started to watch an anime for the first time. I am almost finished and was looking for suggestions that would appeal to a newcomer like myself. For reference on what I like, the anime I've been watching is Infinite Stratos (it's on Amazon Prime if that applies to you).

Also, I just finished a CYOA-esque graphic novel game thingy, Katawa Shoujo, if anyone actualy knows what that is . . . (I'd recommend it to everyone, well, maybe not you Drakillian . . . )

But after that digressing, I very impatiently await your suggests, and I'll also take questions on I.S. or Katawa Shoujo. Also, I'd like to apologize for being, and very likely continuing on a lesser degree, to be inactive.    

10 years ago

...link?

10 years ago

Katawa Shoujo is a free game, just google it lol.

10 years ago

Oh! meant to put one for Katawa, along with a disclaimer, there is overtly sexual material in the story, though it can be turned off in the options menu if you would rather not view the material (though I thought that it wasn't sexual just to be so, it was 4 hrs of character interactions before I encountered any). Also, it is a download .exe file, so yeah.

Katawa Shoujo Website

Have fun (it's all worth it to meet the kid in the next dorm over, btw, he's one crazy and hilariously odd s.o.b.)

10 years ago

Higurashi.

It is horror/mystery

Higurashi always wins..just. I love the anime.

10 years ago

Cowboy Bebop

10 years ago

Oh, Berka is going to love you.

10 years ago

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Cowboy Bebop, guess I know how I'm going to spend my day =P

10 years ago

What Japanese Anime lovey-duvy garbage is this?

10 years ago

Think you answered the question yourself =P I said I doubt you'd like it.

I think they're hilarious.

10 years ago

IS is actually one of the animes I did NOT like compared to other harems.  There's a LARGE lack of diversity between character interactions, and the ones that ARE different are usually ones that I've already seen a billion times.

10 years ago

Well, what harem comedies would you recommend then?

I started watching IS because I read the description and thought to myself: People in machines beating the Sh*t out of each other combined with innuendos, a hilariously racist caricature of a Brit and a crazy German . . . it's going to hurt, whether it is my pride or my sides though . . .  

10 years ago

Clannad and HS DxD, from the top of my head.  I've long since stopped watching those kinds, so they're a little outdated.

10 years ago

Oh hey, I've actually played Katawa Shoujo. XD

I don't know,.. I found it too linear for my taste, although I totally understand why they did it that way. It was kind of a monumental undertaking as-is, from what I've read.

Also, while it's not technically anime, Avatar: The Last Airbender is animated, and it's pretty fantastic. <3

10 years ago

Death Note - if you haven't seen death note, you haven't seen a good dramatic psychologist at work.

Angel Beats - Cute girls, with weapons. What more could you ask?

Sgt. Frog - My personal favorite, it's a great comedy, non-realistic animation, and if anything made for a child to laugh.

Fairy Tail - Big series, good moral, lots of filler...

Sword Art Online - one of the best newer animes

Squid Girl - cute, childish, and funny.

Fruits Basket - good moral

Baka and Test - cute and competitive

Kenichi - martial arts and fighting

Kaze No Stigma - all time favorite, great story for a fantasy work

Eden of the East (all 3 movies) - Not sure exactly what order they go in :S

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl - 3 episodes of a simple plot.

Kill me baby - Cute and childish

Soul Eater - Great story

Attack on Titan - Bit gory, but a great anime

Full Metal Panic - Similar to Infinite Stratos

MM! - Harem... and kinda weird.

Acchi Kocchi - childish but cute

Of course you can just google anime lists, most of these were just taken from my personal list's first page :S

10 years ago

And I recommend reading or watching Fullmetal Achemist. I had a hard time finding episodes in English though.

10 years ago

My cousin has every episode in English . . . I watched the episode where they show their mother after the 'revive' thing a while ago . . . I'm traumatized to be entirely honest.

10 years ago

Uchuu Senkan Yamato is a personal favorite, rather old, but the first 2 seasons were absolutely wonderful.

Mirai Nikki is by far the most 'mature', but that and Death Note are really good.

10 years ago

YUGIOH! Only skip a few episodes until you get to the battle city arc, and you shall se me! MARIK ISHTAR!

Either that or something with the allmighty God VIC MIGNOGNA!

10 years ago

Shut up, Reapers Boy XD

10 years ago

Oh my god Tan... What the hell happened to the sailor!?

10 years ago

He got mad and went to Amsterdam to learn Chinese Cuisine. Soon enough he became the Demon Chef of the underworld and returned :P

10 years ago

Hey er,

Anyone know if I should watch Attack on Titan?

I saw it and was like "Oh this is cool-ish"
And saw someone flying around like spiderman and was like "Lol wat"

10 years ago

Spiderman can't fly, ye dingus!

10 years ago

Well they were using hook things.

So it was like spiderman. 

10 years ago

I find it good as a class assignment to analyze character interactions and find themes, and the action is nice.  It's not quite like many other animes you see these days.