Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Resrictions that I don't know about?

10 years ago

Besides gore, I also want to include a chapter where either the main character (you) gets raped by a guy, and kills him later on, or have intercourse with a girl. Is this too over the top with the 7/8 maturity rating? (I'll try to write less this time as to not spoil the fun of the story :D

"unh" she groans.

Looking down at her prostate body laying defenselessly on the ground, you feel the desperate urge to push her legs apart and use her, hearing her voice groan, her lips tremble, her shoulders squirm and her body convulse.

Your move past the small of her back to below her waist, massaging her inner thigh. Caressing her skin, your hands slowly move towards her midsection......

And I'll stop there. What do you think, too much? In the story I also mention the details explicitly, is that alright? (Should I even include the getting raped by a guy part? It'll add a larger touch of darkness to the story, but if too much people object, I'll leave that part out.)

10 years ago

Ehh, I don't really care if there's rape or not, as long as the story itself is woth reading. You might want to put 8/8 maturity, though. 

10 years ago

(The maturity rating doesn't go that high)

Personally though, I never thought it matters as long as you put a warning label on your description. (Endmaster does that, though it won't stop some [supposed] Mormons getting pissed after reading loveSICK haha.)

10 years ago

As long as you make the rape tasteful, you should be fine.

10 years ago

That's what she said... Nope, too far cheeky

10 years ago

Rape can be a touchy subject, but it depends on the story itself and how it's delivered into the story if people will get offended.

Question though, am I a guy getting raped by another guy?

10 years ago

.... Actually, it really depends on the individual person. =\

Some people will be bothered by the mere idea, others might not give a damn even if you get graphic. My personal recommendation in this case is put up sufficient warnings. Will it stop people from getting upset? Probably not, but at least you can say "Right, well, now that I know you can read, why didn't you? -_- I warned you."

10 years ago

If you really want to play it safe, you can still have the rape, but don't go into any detail at all and just suggest it. You can write a fast forwarded scene afterwards about how the violated person feels immediately afterwards (if still alive).

As a general rule you can't get too graphic for sex scenes, but if the writing is good enough for the overall story and you aren't making a habit of it (like page after page of the stuff) you can get away with a little bit of description.

Be sure to put warnings and rank it a seven for maturity. (Not that anyone pays attention to them.)

Resrictions that you now know about.

10 years ago

I definitely like EndMaster's suggestion.

As he said, if you make it less explicit and more suggestive, as it tones down the content until it fits more snugly into the age ratings.

By the way EndMaster, I pay attention to them.

10 years ago

So long as it's not kitty rape, I'm happy cheeky

10 years ago

New idea for my story.

The beastality path.

10 years ago

So basically you're planning on showing that a walk through a happy rabbit picnic and a sexy gore fest aren't mutually exclusive.

10 years ago

Probably.

My story will probably not even have any sexual themes what so ever and the most torture will be when the protagonist kicks the antagonists ass, implying you make it that far.

10 years ago

Contrary to popular belief. Seeing adult themes don't make people go "GASP AW WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BAN THIS USER AND EAT THIS STORY " -spams delete-

Hell, I plan to include some sort of gore.

It's not like the story is going to be sexy gore fest 2014.

But it isn't going to be walk through happy rabbit picnic.

10 years ago

At the very very least, have a disclaimer before they read the story saying it contains a rape scene. Most people probably won't be offended if it's tasteful, but some people are extremely sensitive to it.