Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/31/2014: Rating calc will use "Publish Date" so, these become irrelevant. Not worth to fix.

Unpublished games

10 years ago

I'm sure this is well known, and might be in here for a reason, but if you have an unpublished game that has the sneak-peek option enabled, then other players will be able to access your game.  I will not be saying how, to protect this website just in case, but if you can get this fixed, then I would be grateful.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.wink

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Ignore double post.

Unpublished games

10 years ago

?.? You asked an extremely similar question in a different thread. You do remember that right?

That's what the sneak-peek option is for. To allow people to see the game before it is published. I don't really see a problem to be fixed.

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Well, I am trying to say that if you want the game to not be played, but able to be seen on your profile, even then, the sneak-peek option does not technically work.  The people can easily play your game by... well to protect unpublished games, I won't state exactly how, so, just believe me.  If you want proof, I can PM you how people can do it.

Unpublished games

10 years ago

I thought the sneak-peak option was so that people could read the description of your upcoming games so they can get excited. Not so they can read it at will. Being able to read it before it's published is a bug IMO.

Unpublished games

10 years ago

No, I believe it's there so that you can send people a link to your game through which they can read it (even while it's incomplete) - checking that off will make sure no one can read it. 

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Well, I just think that. in my opinion that there should just be a different sneak peek option be added, so that wouldn't be the case.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/11454

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Alexp was working on it many months ago. Probs he forgot-- but  yeah.

Unpublished games

10 years ago
--Bringing this thread back because it has relevance to what I found out, and the issue doesn't need a new thread.--

Just found out that if the unpublished game has sneak-peek enabled and has an End Game link, anyone can rate it and get the point even though it's unpublished. Also this means that technically you can rate over 100% of story games because the trophy counts all games you rated that are published, would it also count games that you have rated that are unpublished? If this is the case then berka could potentially rate 120% of all games xD (Assuming that he can access the profile pages of people in order to see what games they have yet to publish so that he can type the url into his browser search bar and rate the game)

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Berka abusing his admin to get 120% of stories rated?

HOW DIABOLICAL!

Unpublished games

10 years ago

The Story Reading Trophy only counts Published Games when calculating the percentage, so no - it is not possible to get more than 100%.

Also, it is generally considered 'bad form 'to rate someone's unpublished story, unless they have asked you, or it was previously published and rated, to or you have some other unique reason for doing so.

If you want however, you can always remove End Game Links from your Story or Lock them with Variables until you are ready to publish.

Unpublished games

10 years ago
If a game has sneak peak enabled and it sounds interesting, then I will probably read it, but I don't rate games until they are published.

Unpublished games

10 years ago
I found out after rating 1 unpublished game... is that bad? Even though I didn't know at the time? xD

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Yes. For shame!  ;)

Unpublished games

10 years ago

Oh yeah, me too.