Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Joe Dever

10 years ago

Lone Wolf is available in the app store for apple. free with $ option it looks like. 

and here is the link to an interview I did with him several years ago. It is also available in the Help & Info section

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=64

nate

Joe Dever

10 years ago

Thanks! Been wanting to read this since I read the interview a couple months ago.

Joe Dever

10 years ago

No problem Tans. I didnt get to read much of the app tonight as I was at a hockey game. But I hope you have been able to enjoy it. It does look cool. Joe Dever was simply a great CYOA writer.

nate

Joe Dever

10 years ago

It's been pretty cool so far, odd gimmicks (like the lock-picking sequences) though. Up to Act 3.

Joe Dever

10 years ago

I read the interview a couple months back. Haven't gotten the chance to read the book yet, but from what I can tell, he sounds like quite the writer.

Joe Dever

10 years ago

Joe Dever was one of the CREATORS of the CYOA genre in the 80s! Without him we wouldnt have the genre. 

nate

Joe Dever

10 years ago

This game looks really fun. I'm downloading it right now. It's even listed as App of the Week on iTunes!

Joe Dever

10 years ago

If you guys/gals come here to truly know CYOA stories, you need to look into 2 names. RA Montgomery, whom I had the pleasure of also interviewing, and Joe Dever. They are truly the fathers of CYOA stories. Without them, none of you would be here today. 

nate

Joe Dever

10 years ago

I played the game and it's really fun! It's a half choose you story game!

Joe Dever

10 years ago

Lone Wolf is free on the android Google play too...

Joe Dever

10 years ago

Fucking hate apps, why not stick with browser games on PC? My phone is slow and I dislike tablets :(

Joe Dever

10 years ago

While Lone Wolf is good and what Joe is best known for, I always enjoyed his lesser known post apocalyptic series called Freeway Warrior.

Only had 4 books, but I would like to see that one redone someday.